Veggie Tales!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Wedgie and Veggie are bad for the tank...trade them while their stock is up.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Veggie-might sandwich :biglaugh:
a victory in between a bunch of losses every now and then, but I don't see him significantly derailing the U-tank.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Fine player, but he's also 25. Yes, goalies often bloom the latest, but he probably is what he's going to be: a borderline NHL'er who you find in Europe and can play pretty well at times and pretty poorly at times.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
As mentioned in the GDT, Veggie has the best sv% among current and former Yotes goalies still playing. Don't think I missed anyone. He has been bombed at times but stood on his head many others.

PlayerGPGSWLOTSv%GAA
Karel Vejmelka201841310.9103.17
Antti Raanta1095210.9082.35
Darcy Kuemper242416510.9052.86
Adin Hill20189900.9032.81
Mike Smith662210.8983.76
Thomas Greiss16156710.8943.36
Scott Wedgewood17144930.8943.33
Ivan Prosvetov110100.8215
Carter Hutton330200.7417.76
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Fine player, but he's also 25. Yes, goalies often bloom the latest, but he probably is what he's going to be: a borderline NHL'er who you find in Europe and can play pretty well at times and pretty poorly at times.
I think he had one bad game so far.....

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I think he had one bad game so far.....

He's had a few stinkers, but I'm not going to hold him against it. The team in front of him isn't helping any.

He's really improved in a lot of areas. His rebound control has gotten much better since his first few starts. His in crease positioning has vastly improved too. He's trending in the right direction.

During pre-season I thought him and Thorton were the best goalies but both players were very raw. It's impressive to see how quickly Veggie turned into a legit NHL goalie in a few short months. I feel bad AZ can't win more for him.

Reactions: YotesFan47

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
He's had a few stinkers, but I'm not going to hold him against it. The team in front of him isn't helping any.

He's really improved in a lot of areas. His rebound control has gotten much better since his first few starts. His in crease positioning has vastly improved too. He's trending in the right direction.

During pre-season I thought him and Thorton were the best goalies but both players were very raw. It's impressive to see how quickly Veggie turned into a legit NHL goalie in a few short months. I feel bad AZ can't win more for him.
I have read few interviews with him in Czech media and he seems to be a very nice guy

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I have read few interviews with him in Czech media and he seems to be a very nice guy

Can you post the links? Google translate is usually good enough to at least get the points across. Thanks! (and also welcome to the boards!)

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
We are winning games we deserve to lose. We are lessening our chances of a 1OA pick. We beat the Leafs!!!! all because of this guy. I love it and hate it at the same time. I wished he would have shown up two years from now after the Bedard sweepstakes were decided. What do you do with a guy like this? He's playing awesome but he's screwing up the plan. I'm torn.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We are winning games we deserve to lose. We are lessening our chances of a 1OA pick. We beat the Leafs!!!! all because of this guy. I love it and hate it at the same time. I wished he would have shown up two years from now after the Bedard sweepstakes were decided. What do you do with a guy like this? He's playing awesome but he's screwing up the plan. I'm torn.
I don’t think we need to finish dead-last this year. The top of this draft is a lot flatter than most believed six months ago. There’s not an obvious franchise player.

Then next year, there appear to be three of them. So finishing dead-last ensures one of them. Thing is, we have only Keller, Schmaltz, Ladd, Chychrun and Gostisbehere signed next year as veteran players from this roster. Everyone else is FA. I think BA very much controls how deeply he wants to tank next season.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
We have our way with goalies.

Maybe teams with struggeling goaltenders should send us theirs for 1-2 weeks during the season and we take them.
Could bring in cash.

Last edited:

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I don’t think we need to finish dead-last this year. The top of this draft is a lot flatter than most believed six months ago. There’s not an obvious franchise player.

Then next year, there appear to be three of them. So finishing dead-last ensures one of them. Thing is, we have only Keller, Schmaltz, Ladd, Chychrun and Gostisbehere signed next year as veteran players from this roster. Everyone else is FA. I think BA very much controls how deeply he wants to tank next season.
That's true. I am sure BA has gauged the draft market pretty well so he must be aware the top 2 or 3 are not that far apart. And besides that, I like the idea of a top rate pick which we have consistently screwed up in the past, but I also like to see us win now. I feel a lot more comfortable with this management group then I ever have with what we have had in the past. I feel pretty confident they will get this right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad