GDT: Vegas @ Seattle... for the next two games.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Any excuse to be lazy, and I'm taking it.

5K8R.gif

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
LAK lost to Seattle at home to keep VGK within striking distance. LAK vs EDM tonight. Whichever team loses (If not a 3 point game), Vegas will be three points behind them game-corrected, if of course Vegas wins tonight, and a win Friday would be highly appreciated as well. Then we play back-to-back at Vancouver. My worst nightmare is that Lehner comes back in that game and overplays everything.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
LAK lost to Seattle at home to keep VGK within striking distance. LAK vs EDM tonight. Whichever team loses (If not a 3 point game), Vegas will be three points behind them game-corrected, if of course Vegas wins tonight, and a win Friday would be highly appreciated as well. Then we play back-to-back at Vancouver. My worst nightmare is that Lehner comes back in that game and overplays everything.
Essentially, our next 6 games are against non-playoff teams (Sea, Vanc and Arizona). We need 12 points out of these games, which is not beyond the realm of possibility, though 4 are on the road. This stretch will decide if we make the playoffs or not. The math says we're not a playoff team, the schedule says we well can be. We also have a game left against SJ, and one in Dallas, and several other games against team locked into their position (think 4/24 vs. Caps)

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Kings are hanging on by a thread, 5 points and even in games makes them a possibility. Oilers always could implode but they are fully healthy and Kings aren't so that's probably the realistic target. Stars have so many games in hand and that spot gets the unfavorable shift to the Central so it's more of a back in option. Really need to get that West playoff spot and the schedule gives a shot at it although I doubt we get 12 points in this roadie.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Kings are hanging on by a thread, 5 points and even in games makes them a possibility. Oilers always could implode but they are fully healthy and Kings aren't so that's probably the realistic target. Stars have so many games in hand and that spot gets the unfavorable shift to the Central so it's more of a back in option. Really need to get that West playoff spot and the schedule gives a shot at it although I doubt we get 12 points in this roadie.

In my mind, whoever loses tonight between EDM and LAK are the realistic target if we win tonight. If we don't, well.....

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
According to tankathon we have the easiest schedule from here on out.

We do but we also have the smallest margin for error. Pretty much have to win every "easy" game. They need to be on an 8 game win streak going into the Alberta trip.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
We do but we also have the smallest margin for error. Pretty much have to win every "easy" game. They need to be on an 8 game win streak going into the Alberta trip.
We do, but even some of the allegedly "tougher" games on our schedule may be more winnable than it seems. Apart from the next 6 we play New Jersey, San Jose, a Washington team likely locked into the second wild card in the East, and a Blues team that is slumping badly defensively. If we can't accumulate a boatload of points, there's no point in making the playoffs just to lose in the first round. Doubt we catch Dallas anyway, I agree third in the division is our best shot (or even second if we go on a big win streak)

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Looking at the whole league I doubt Vegas can tank more than 2 spots so they might as well go for the playoffs unless we believe that we'll get lucky. Right now we have a 1% shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad