GDT: Vegas @ San Jose Game 2: Quality GDT edition (7:30pm PT | NBCSCA, NBCSN, Rogers Sportsnet One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Welp, as shitty as that call against us was, the Sharks have been outscores on their own power play, as numerous as they were. Goaltending was trash, the boys need to regroup and try again

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
It wasn't perfect. It was great and it was what puck management and defensive commitment does for this team because they don't need to cheat offensively to score goals against anyone. There will be defensive lapses but the issue is that every other team's defensive lapses have skaters there to cover for them and the Sharks don't. Again, has Vegas given up a breakaway from the blue line like the Sharks have? No. Has Vegas given up the numerous 2-on-1's or 3-on-2's that the Sharks have? The answer is no. You cannot pretend that defense is not a heavy contributing factor to this game tonight.

The Sharks have definitely had their looks on Fluery, that save off of Couture earlier this period, and Burns earlier in the game during the PP, are 2 very memorable chances the sharks have had. Fluery did not have a good game this game, but he was still significantly better than whatever our goalies put up.
Again there are going to be defensive lapses, I don't remember a single one from game 1 where I thought oh shit that's a goal, it never happened as far as I can recall, and I'm not putting the expectation on the team to keep that type of play up the goalies have to step up.

Reactions: Phu

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Welp this series is going to test if the bounces and calls really do even out over the course of a series.

I mean I know they don't but we are significantly better so in the end we should win.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Sharks 4
Knights 4

Great game, very exciting, I can't wait for overtime

AthleticOccasionalHyrax-small.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events