Rumor: Vegas looking to trade Nikita Gusev. Gusev asking for $4m per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
That is debatable
No.
What do you consider the top 4 hockey leagues in the World.
NHL
KHL
SHL
NLA/AHL
You mean the same tournament where Canada sent a bunch of third rate NHL players, considering all the best players were either competing for the Stanley Cup, or declined the invitation? The bolded part is wrong. The Finnish team consisted of players from the NHL, AHL, Sweden, Switzerland, Finland, and the KHL. Maybe get your facts right next time you post.
Two players from KHL, two from SHL, two with NHL games and three from NLA. Rest of them are from the Finnish league. That's a team full of Finnish league players.
A grown up person takes his own battles.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
  • I don’t understand this from Ship’s perspective. He was given the opportunity to make the most amount of money in his career. If you do it in Chicago part time so be it.

This is what no one seems to care about when they dish the same tired Vadim sob story as a vehicle to trash Vegas.

At the kind of money he was poised to get the guy should have been the first guy on the ice every day and the last guy off it doing whatever he could to make sure he earned his place. Instead because he wasn't on the top line on the first day of training camp like he though he was going to be, he stopped listening to the coaches, he half assed everything, threw a tantrum when he got sent to the AHL by first also refusing to listen to the coach in Chicago, then outright refusing to show up to practice, until both sides had enough and he went back to Russia.

What entitlement does any player really deserve? People seem to think that when players sign an NHL contract that all they're signing is a piece of paper with terms on how the team is going to make the player's life wonderful. That's not what it is at all.

A player signs away his talents for an agreed upon salary in exchange for agreeing to a team's terms. Terms like: show up to practice, listen to and execute a coach's demands, if the team requires you to make a media appearance you do it, if the team schedules community work and you are told to attend you be there, don't get shit faced and get into bar fights, etc. Being an NHL player is a job, a dream job, but one where you are still subject to those who have authority over you.

I guarantee anyone still weeping for poor Vadim that there isn't a single contract in the NHL that says that if you don't get the ice time and role you want that you can just f*** off and do whatever you want and not show up to practice or listen to what the team tells you to do.

Saying Vadim was mistreated is like saying an employee getting fired for taking three hour breaks to play angry birds and flirt with baristas at Starbucks cause they didn't get a promotion was mistreated. The fake sympathy for the guy is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Edit: and yes it was a dumb contract but you need to remember that at the time, they didn't really expect to have the kind of success they did which resulted in being able to sign guys like Stone to massive contracts. At the time they figured they'd be flush with cap space for a good long time.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
No.
Two players from KHL, two from SHL, two with NHL games and three from NLA. Rest of them are from the Finnish league. That's a team full of Finnish league players.

In other words, nearly half of the Finnish team played outside of the Finnish League.

Total players on Finnish roster playing for Finnish league: 13
Total players on Finnish roster playing for non-Finnish leagues: 12

source: 2019 World Championship schedule, rosters

It would probably help you, if you were to actually research your posts, instead of posting misinformation.

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
Feels like Edmonton should be all over this. If the hype around Gusev comes to fruition, he could make a hell of a winger for McDavid, allowing Draisaitl to move around and balance the lineup.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Has there been any real news on this guy or are we all just fighting over nothing at this point?
The only things to come out from GMGM and leaks is:

There's no rush to sign Gusev.
Vegas is looking at trade options.
Trade offers have been 2nd + prospect.
Vegas has an opening in the bottom-6(which is true if they sign him at above ~2.8M, or trade him).

Other than that, yeah, no news.

Reactions: qqaz

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think, if Vegas keeps playing a tough negotiator, Nikita should sign 1 year contract with SKA and get back to the NHL next year as UFA. It's the last year of KHL big contracts, so SKA can literally give him whatever he wants.

Reactions: CPTN71
Feb 24, 2017
Vegas only handled that situation horribly if you only care about Shipachyov's side of the story. Which is all people seem to care about.
McPhee got to you, didn’t he. Damn the limitless reach of the evil anti Russian overlord, and damn the unforgivable atrocities committed against the noble Shipachyov.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Agent Nikolaev to championat: Vegas has not traded Nikita Gusev to another team, even though they have calls/offers from other teams. Vegas is aware of Gusev´s demands. If they do not do anything in a certain time (our deadline), I will negotiate seriously with SKA in the KHL.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Agent Nikolaev to championat: Vegas has not traded Nikita Gusev to another team, even though they have calls/offers from other teams. Vegas is aware of Gusev´s demands. If they do not do anything in a certain time (our deadline), I will negotiate seriously with SKA in the KHL.
Will be crazy if Gusev goes to KHL. Means Knights preferred nothing in return than a possibility that Gusev will shine in other NHL team.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
According to Gusev's KHL agent Nikolayev, there is a certain deadline after which they start contract negotiations with SKA.
And it would be an easy one because he signed the offer-sheet with SKA in April.

Note for other players. To avoid problems with contract negotiations, do everything possible not to be drafted by an NHL club.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Will be crazy if Gusev goes to KHL. Means Knights preferred nothing in return than a possibility that Gusev will shine in other NHL team.

If they trade him for something small and then Gusev scores some good points, won't it potentially damage GMGM positions? If yes, of course, he's afraid of trading Gusev.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

I'd let him go back to the KHL if the best offer was a 2nd and a crappy prospect, and he won't come down from 4m.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
If they trade him for something small and then Gusev scores some good points, won't it potentially damage GMGM positions? If yes, of course, he's afraid of trading Gusev.

There is always a possibility that traded player will shine somewhere, that doesn't stop trades.

I'd let him go back to the KHL if the best offer was a 2nd and a crappy prospect, and he won't come down from 4m.

Something is always better than nothing. They can trade him in other conference and for 99% chances to not meet him in playoffs.

Why so much care about other teams more than yours.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Some Canes fans wanted to do the same with Adam Fox. "If the Canes can only get a 2nd then just let him rot in the NCAA".

Looking back I'm pretty happy the Canes turned that potential nothing into Jamieson Rees + Anttoni Honka in the 2nd/3rd round (plus they have NYR's 2nd or 3rd next year). Even if it means Fox is in the Canes division next year.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Some Canes fans wanted to do the same with Adam Fox. "If the Canes can only get a 2nd then just let him rot in the NCAA".

Looking back I'm pretty happy the Canes turned that potential nothing into Jamieson Rees + Anttoni Honka in the 2nd/3rd round (plus they have NYR's 2nd or 3rd next year). Even if it means Fox is in the Canes division next year.

Different scenario. Fox would have signed with NYR anyway.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa

Isn't this generally believed to be the case with Ship? Some teams would have thrown a pick or a prospect to give him a crack on their team, but Vegas literally chose nothing rather than a small something? Like they were more interested in the show of strength than actual long-term club improvement, and to do the same with Gusev would be exactly according to script?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Isn't this generally believed to be the case with Ship? Some teams would have thrown a pick or a prospect to give him a crack on their team, but Vegas literally chose nothing rather than a small something? Like they were more interested in the show of strength than actual long-term club improvement, and to do the same with Gusev would be exactly according to script?

I think it could be argued that as a team starting out maybe they didnt want to show weakness and cave to players demands? Just feels like something a new franchise would be concerned about. Not that I think its the right way to go but certainly could be argued for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad