Sportsnet: Vegas in Need of a Goalie with Fleury on IR?

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
The Leafs will trade them Pickard for their 2018 1st rounder. They'll even drive him to the airport and buy him a business class ticket. BAM.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Griffin Reinhart for Jeff Zatkoff+6th?

Then when MAF is back, waive Zatkoff.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
the leafs will loan then pickard, not trade, loan. besides its not a big deal for vegas, they aren't meant to be competitive this year anyways. giving their potential goalie of the future some starts isn't the worst thing in the world

pretty sure we could only Loan him to Vegas's AHL team but can't loan him to the golden knights themselves

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013

That pickard trade looks even weirder now.

Vegas trades or lack thereof - expansion draft selections and roster management is weird. I shook my head when Pickard was dealt. He is a competent goalie that has had some degree of success. Now, its Subban who won't have much success.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Vegas trades or lack thereof - expansion draft selections and roster management is weird. I shook my head when Pickard was dealt. He is a competent goalie that has had some degree of success. Now, its Subban who won't have much success.
the called up legace :naughty:

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Knights will try out their goalies and hope one emerges. I doubt they do a single purpose trade to get a starter. If they can rid themselves of some salary it would make more sense.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
It makes perfect sense to me. A thinly veiled attempt at tanking by George Mcphee in my opinion.

McPhee passes on guys like Raanta, Mrazek and Grubauer, ultimately deciding on Fluery and Pickard as his goaltending tandem. Maybe he came to the conclusion that the duo of Fleury/Pickard would win too many games so he dumped Pickard for Subban.

Yes, this makes total sense. He looked at Calvin Pickard and arrived at the conclusion that he was just too damn good.

Strangely, the rest of the NHL all thought he was wrong and allowed Pickard to clear waivers, but you're right, at the root of things, this deal had to be made because Pickard was just too damn good and the team was going to pile up wins with him in net, so McPhee moved him.

Reactions: Sir Goose

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Subban did pretty good tonight and has probably earned another start. I don't think there's going to be a trade soon - especially a panicked one.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Subban did pretty good tonight and has probably earned another start. I don't think there's going to be a trade soon - especially a panicked one.

He did play well but he’ll be starting regardless of if he earns it. They have no one else at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00