Sportsnet: Vegas in Need of a Goalie with Fleury on IR?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
the leafs will loan then pickard, not trade, loan. besides its not a big deal for vegas, they aren't meant to be competitive this year anyways. giving their potential goalie of the future some starts isn't the worst thing in the world

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Eddie Pasquale and a pick for Griffin Reinhart? You can even trade him back to us after you're done with him. :laugh:

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
the leafs will loan then pickard, not trade, loan. besides its not a big deal for vegas, they aren't meant to be competitive this year anyways. giving their potential goalie of the future some starts isn't the worst thing in the world
You can't loan players to other NHL teams

Ken Wreggets revenge

Sep 28, 2017
That pickard trade looks even weirder now.

It makes perfect sense to me. A thinly veiled attempt at tanking by George Mcphee in my opinion.

McPhee passes on guys like Raanta, Mrazek and Grubauer, ultimately deciding on Fluery and Pickard as his goaltending tandem. Maybe he came to the conclusion that the duo of Fleury/Pickard would win too many games so he dumped Pickard for Subban.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Soooo many good goalies available and McPhee loaded up on shitty d-men. Even Fleury/Pickard would've been a very good pairing, maybe top-12 in the league.

They got nothin' in the system either. Dansk stinks.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
It makes perfect sense to me. A thinly veiled attempt at tanking by George Mcphee in my opinion.

McPhee passes on guys like Raanta, Mzarek and Grubauer, ultimately deciding on Fluery and Pickard as his goaltending tandem. Maybe he came to the conclusion that the duo of Fleury/Pickard would win too many games so he dumped Pickard for Subban.

:rolleyes: No.

McPhee took Fleury because he was the best goalie available and he's the face of the franchise, nobody knew that he would take a knee to the face last night. He took Pickard because he was Colorado's best option and he took Miller from Boston because he was their best option, are you following?
McPhee probably had Subban as his no.2 selection from Boston and when he came on waivers he took him and got whatever he could for Pickard.

Not every move he makes is awful because you don't like him.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

McPhee passes on guys like Raanta, Mrazek and Grubauer, ultimately deciding on Fluery and Pickard as his goaltending tandem. Maybe he came to the conclusion that the duo of Fleury/Pickard would win too many games so he dumped Pickard for Subban.

I highly doubt this. Pickard did not look good in the preseason and the goalies you listed play on teams that had better options or Pickard was a better fit at the time.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Damn didn't realize it was that serious when Mantha kneed him in the head. It looked pretty bad but Flower got up pretty quick.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
:rolleyes: No.

McPhee took Fleury because he was the best goalie available and he's the face of the franchise, nobody knew that he would take a knee to the face last night. He took Pickard because he was Colorado's best option and he took Miller from Boston because he was their best option, are you following?
McPhee probably had Subban as his no.2 selection from Boston and when he came on waivers he took him and got whatever he could for Pickard.

Not every move he makes is awful because you don't like him.
Pickard is better than Subban.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Montreal would offer Montoya but doubt he's what your looking for. I think its time Montreal has Lindgren up to play with the big club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad