Pre-Game Talk: Vegas Gamble, Odds we Win or Lose? - Edm v VGK - Tuesday Nov 28, 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Bettmans favorite team comes strolling into town a few months before they stick Stone back on LTIR until his miracle cure on Day 1 of playoffs, so they can take advantage of the CBA loophole and load up on more depth players at the TDL.

Oilers have a new coach, new system, and a new attitude now that the December Oilers who showed up in October have finally f***ed off yesterday it seems.

Same crappy goaltending, middling defence corps and worse depth players but perhaps what appears to be a healthy Connor McDavid, a hot Hyman and Killer Kane should make for an interesting game. Let's hope Brown pots his first goal and against the odds wish that McLeod actually does something on the ice other than figure skate around the back of the net all night long.

Vegas' 3rd in 4 nights on a B2B which is great news for us but it appears we get their backup Thompson which isn't good news as backups kill us. (note we beat the Ducks backup handily last night though). Vegas has Shea Theodore on the IR as well.

I hope we win but I will be just as happy to see Pietrangelo fed his front teeth if we lose.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Bettmans favorite team comes strolling into town a few months before they stick Stone back on LTIR until his miracle cure on Day 1 of playoffs, so they can take advantage of the CBA loophole and load up on more depth players at the TDL.

Oilers have a new coach, new system, and a new attitude now that the December Oilers who showed up in October have finally f***ed off yesterday it seems.

Same crappy goaltending, middling defence corps and worse depth players but perhaps what appears to be a healthy Connor McDavid, a hot Hyman and Killer Kane should make for an interesting game. Let's hope Brown pots his first goal and against the odds wish that McLeod actually does something on the ice other than figure skate around the back of the net all night long.

Vegas' 3rd in 4 nights on a B2B which is great news for us but it appears we get their backup Thompson which isn't good news as backups kill us. (note we beat the Ducks backup handily last night though). Vegas has Shea Theodore on the IR as well.

I hope we win but I will be just as happy to see Pietrangelo fed his front teeth if we lose.

I think the backup magic can't be used with the same guy twice. Since Dostal stole one vs. Edmonton last year, yesterday was just regression.

Thompson is 0-2 vs. Edmonton with a 4.05 and .890 save percentage, but he would have been considered the starter at the time of both games, so...
expect a 40 save shutout by Logan Thompson.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If theres a right time to play Vegas its right now. Team has been having trouble scoring. i think the Oilers can win this one but all hands on deck and playing how we are playing currently.

One of the more striking things in our early season was that our 2-9-1 start was against teams I don't think of as being good. Now we have to play the teams that are good and did in Southeast road trip as well. Would be nice to get a result here and our next games after should be manageable.

Going out on a limb Oilers win 4-3 in OT. Drai scores winner assisted by Bouchard. I'm not giving the second assist.. ;)

Last edited:

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
oilers win 5-2

probs gonna hit a oilers win -1.5, over 6.5, and mcdavid over 1.5pts parlay

Reactions: tardigrade81

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Very favourable schedule game for the Oil. Add some key injuries to Vegas and some recent sag in their game. I think this could be decided in the first fifteen minutes. Anticipate a hard Vegas push to start and will need the hometowners to start on time and push back. Fatigue could be a factor thereafter which the Oil need to push the play to win.

There's every reason the Oilers should have this game circled on the calendar. Their season in a microcosm tomorrow night - are they resilient through their early season malaise or still going to be searching for the required consistency to match up with elite teams. We'll find out.

Think the Oil win.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Let’s jerk a knot in their ass! Go oilers!!
1701130015620.jpeg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm trying to figure out how both Vegas and Calgary can lose tonight and it just doesn't seem possible. ;)

But of course we wish they beat each other silly further to whatever result. No 3 pt game requested.

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

I thought Brown looked better the last few games. Skating hard and setting up chances. Hopefully he pots one and they start going in for him. I thought we had another version of Hyman when we signed in offseason. Lots of season left. Would like to see him turn it around.
As for McLeod, I don’t know what to say .

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Hopefully Petro is limping and mangled at the end of this game. I doubt the players have forgot, but they do need a win so maybe they’ll play it cool.
Maybe Stu can do one of his patented “trips” in warm up and take out Pieterangelo accidentally of course (and throw a blocker for good measure too).

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Just looked at Vegas's depth chart. Man, that's a scary line-up. Deep forward group, excellent defence and two pretty good goalies. As if I needed a reminder after last years playoffs lol

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

This was supposed to be the night that Nurse, Draisaitl and others got their cheap shot revenge against this team and not the dying seconds of game 4. Guess we’ll see if there’s still any need for some fireworks.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
A couple wins took the pain away but a win vs Vegas would be a strong signal that we are better than our record.

Washington and Anaheim aren't big opponents. Although, Washington was at least red hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad