Pre-Game Talk: Vegas follows McDrai home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm actually happy with the lines, or at least trying it out. The payoff if Drai can get Kassian going is huge, given how good that third line should be. If it doesn't work, just drop Kassian back down.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Guys we don’t have a top 6 anymore.. we have a top 9.

Let’s see if Kassian wakes up beside Draisaitl. I bet he won’t but it’s not like he’s much use on the third line either.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
With the intense schedule coming up the ability to limit our top guys' ice time by rolling three good scoring lines is going to be huge.

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG
Id like to see how this works:
Hyman-McDavid-Pulju
Kane-Drai-Kassian
Or flip the wingers

I think Kane and Kass would feed off each other.

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Poor Drai. I mean I know Pulju has been ice cold, but Kassian? Leon's shoulders carry too much, too often. And that's with us having depth supposedly.

Poor Drai? I'm the biggest Drai fan here and I LOVE that line. Got Kass for the physical play and forechecking, and he can make plays and cycle, and McLeod for the sheer burn speed and gaining zones.

For Drai he will eat less punishment on this line than many past configurations and this is all day better than when he was holding up stiffs like Yama and Foegele.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Never said Benson; Kassian sure as hell doesn't deserve it.

So were back on deserve rhetoric? Drai works with Kass, always has. I come here and people complaining about what should be an obvious combo. McLeod has also worked very well with Drai. I don't see the problem, and putting Drai with these two guys gets the most out of these players while McD and Nuge get more help. If Drai can handle this, and I think he can, why not do it?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Id like to see how this works:
Hyman-McDavid-Pulju
Kane-Drai-Kassian
Or flip the wingers

I think Kane and Kass would feed off each other.

This is a good look as well and would be the best way to utilize Kass, and get the most out of him, and accordingly get the best support for a pair of Kane and Drai. It would work out fine. That would be a hard line to play against. Trouble with the config above is Nuge would get nothing to work with.

Reactions: ujju2

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I would move Yammo to Drai line and JP up with Kane and McDavid. There's no real good answer until maybe a trade or Holloway comes up but that's not for a while.

Yamamoto is your answer with Drai. Why? Drai gets destroyed out there when his puck support is a shrimp like Yamamoto who is allergic to ever having the puck in Ozone. I appreciate that Yama isn't on with Drai anymore. Let somebody else try to hold him up.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Please. The Holland and Tippett complaints have been front and center on this board and the majority of discussion. Rightfully so.
But everyone and their dog can see how shit Kassian has been from even just an effort perspective all year.

Kassian who is Even EV despite playing on a tirefire bottomsix most of the year and who has potted 5 goals as well as being top 20 in league in hits/60mins.

Kass was garbage last season. Seems like people aren't following this season. Kass has been the best option, along with McLeod that we have as support players getting looks in topsix.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
It doesn't matter how Kassian is playing. Wanting him out of the top9 means you want an AHLer in the top9.

Blame Holland for him being there.

Or maybe you want that money used on a goalie or a D man .

Waive Smith/Koskinen . Move Kassian for a bag of stale potato chips . Call up Holloway with waiver money to cover it . Gain Kassian money to use else where . Send Stale chips to Bettman .

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
We’re getting massacred tomorrow night. A rusty Smith going against an almost fully healthy Vegas team.
Vegas is deep too, even without Eichel.

Vegas has a scary looking forward group no doubt and their goaltending and defence are superior to ours.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I really want Kassian to be good...but man, he's so bad now. We need that cap space next year and the year after. Someone please take him
My goodness.. I’ve been feeling like he is overpaid for what feels like 3 years and he still has 2 seasons to go after this.. what the, that contract was only 4 years long at 3.2mill though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad