Is Vegas everybody's team?

• Yes

Votes: 106 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 403 79.2%

• Total voters

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I am sure we here are all crushed that NBC and Sportsnet will not make as much money as they could have.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
embarrassed ? theyre laughing all the way to the bank.

Vega's success means that every damn scout and GM can't predict or properly judge talent beyond the bloody obvious.

It's also a team built with zero stars (minus the goalie) so they've been doing it wrong this whole time. Or at least, no one has tried to build a team of workers before. Which again, makes them all look stupid.

This is a big slap in the face to every gm and scout in the league for not properly assessing their talent. Had they done their jobs accordingly, Vegas should have been full of more incompetence.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
In a market like Las Vegas the nhl could ill afford to have a team end up being bad and finishing it’s first season with 60 points. They had to hit a home run or realistically does that team make it through 5 years? The owner paid the largest expansion fee in league history so it just had to work for the league and it’s 30 other owners. The league is still not gaining any extra stake in tv popularity south of the border and is a very minor player compared to the other big 3 sports so they had to ensure that the experiment worked.

LOL :laugh: but hey - whatever gets you through the night.

And keep an eye out for black helicopters, ok?

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
My hope is the fans stick around when the ride is over, or in a few years. If winning the Cup solidifies the fan base then great.

The NHL needs expansion teams to build good fan bases.

I know a few people from Vegas and they are locked in as fans while learning the game. The potential is there.

If Vegas becomes what we expected going forward I hope the fans stay around.

Fleury rewrote his legacy in one season there - awesome to see.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Steelers

Apr 19, 2015
My only concern with Vegas.... is once the Raiders arrive will the Knights still get the viewers

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
LOL :laugh: but hey - whatever gets you through the night.

And keep an eye out for black helicopters, ok?
Look at many other US teams arenas with many less entertainment options than Vegas, the numbers in the stands are nowhere near capacity . If that team struggles out of the gate for the first 2-3 years of it's existence do you think it would be good for the team? With the Raiders on the way in 2020 I beg to differ.

davethehammer

Jun 17, 2014
Vega's success means that every damn scout and GM can't predict or properly judge talent beyond the bloody obvious.

It's also a team built with zero stars (minus the goalie) so they've been doing it wrong this whole time. Or at least, no one has tried to build a team of workers before. Which again, makes them all look stupid.

This is a big slap in the face to every gm and scout in the league for not properly assessing their talent. Had they done their jobs accordingly, Vegas should have been full of more incompetence.

No, it's' a big slap in the face to fans. They are showing you its staged ,right in your face..and you still don't get it

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I do wonder what next year will be like for Vegas if they win a cup. Big raises to a lot of guys who are having career years. All the sudden the lowered expectations becomes the highest expectations of all.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

It seems to me like it means the talent level in the NHL, outside of the obvious 15-20 other level players, is pretty much all the same. And grinders can shut down the good players if they are coached correctly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad