GDT: Vegas Baby - The middle of the night for most of yous

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Mantha usage and 3v3 aside, hard to find too many issues with Lavi. The pieces are what they are. Their ceiling is obviously limited. It's on MacLellan and ownership to decide what the future holds and if their plodding/checking/weaving approach should remain their basic DNA for the remainder of the Ovechkin Era. I wouldn't be surprised minus some shuffling tweaks.

I'd be surprised if they're not trying to add a depth defender at least and perhaps sooner than later. Alexeyev isn't it. Not sure he's better than Johansen or, waiver issues aside, whether some of the other options in Hershey also wouldn't be better. They've got more issues than just that but it's the low-hanging fruit to address and weakest link to fix.

Jun 15, 2007
With perfect, inhuman hindsight, they should have rebuilt after 2018

With genius foresight, they should have rebuilt after 2019.

After 2020 it was too late to rebuild and still be competitive in the Ovechkin era.

Now in 2023, they have no choice but to continue. Kinda like how Detroit didn't rebuild because they wanted to win their owner a cup before he died. We have no choice but to carry on and hope for a miracle.

Reactions: DWGie26

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

After 2020 it was too late to rebuild and still be competitive in the Ovechkin era.

Now in 2023, they have no choice but to continue. Kinda like how Detroit didn't rebuild because they wanted to win their owner a cup before he died. We have no choice but to carry on and hope for a miracle.
Nobody in NHL Management would have done that.

”puncher‘s chance“…….long past time to accept that.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY

They were never going to be rebuilding while Ovi still here. 2018 or 2023 no difference.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
For me I’ll reserve judgment until the end of the season but certainly I am not sure he fits this team well in terms of maximizing their skill-set but like I said, I’ll wait to see how the season turns out.
I agree with this. Long season and all. No need to be such a pendulum when they win or lose. It is a long season (and I include the playoffs in that). If we don’t get past the first round this year, then I think we will change the shape a lot. That includes coach and players (not GM or owner - that won’t change). It will be an interesting offseason, but we can’t make those decision until season is over. And I think we will do very little until the offseason incoming or outgoing with the exception of Mantha who I think needs to be moved.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

racingmoose

Apr 11, 2016
Where is Kuzy's head sometimes? It was more apparent in this game that he likes to take the puck down near the goal line or even behind it and shoot instead of taking advantage and going towards better shooting lanes.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Kuzy is constitutionally incapable of making the elementary North American play of putting the puck on net if other viable options are shut down. He’d rather skate into traffic or cough up a turnover, than put the puck in a dangerous area or shoot for a rebound. And it’s one of his least frustrating qualities

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad