Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Cancel your plans. The come back is on.
1674362583372.jpeg

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
You'd think they'd take this opportunity with both Ovechkin and Carlson out of the line-up to experiment with alternative PP formations. But nope.
Forsythe is a dumb@ss! So is Lavi and McCarthy. All 3 are the same in regard to forcing the players to adjust too much to the system, when they should be adjusting the system to the players strengths and trying to mask the players weaknesses. That is what good coaches do. Lavi is a has been and won a Cup bcuz his Canes team was the best at taking advantage of the clutch and grab era.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
Well, I don't think anyone realistically expected to win a game at Vegas with OV being out. They got their ass handed to them. Bring out the next one.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
watching highlights wanted to comment on it... but last comments here suggest I shouldn't bother probably

more games like this and they are out of playoffs

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Didn't watch but will comment anyway. I feel like this is Lavi's MO - he has one good stretch per season where they look great but the rest of the season is average or below average play. It was similar last season and we seem to be following the same pattern now.

Either way, guy is gone after this season. Even if he manages to get the team into the playoffs, I highly doubt he is capable of getting them past the 1st round.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Didn't watch but will comment anyway. I feel like this is Lavi's MO - he has one good stretch per season where they look great but the rest of the season is average or below average play. It was similar last season and we seem to be following the same pattern now.

Either way, guy is gone after this season. Even if he manages to get the team into the playoffs, I highly doubt he is capable of getting them past the 1st round.
Unfortunately, I bet he is back no matter what at this point. They are impressed with his ability to keep the team afloat when there are injuries I believe.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I saw enough of the first 2 periods to know it was "one of those games" where the give-a-damn is busted.

burn tape, board plane

Reactions: max21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad