Post-Game Talk: Vegas 3 - Jets 2

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I have been banging the "NHL" refs are trash drum for years, but this may be the biggest instance of them directly affecting a game I have ever seen.

I've watched hundreds, if not thousands of low-level junior, minor and women's hockey games with better offuciating than was on display tonight.

If the NHL ever wonders why the game isn't catching on in the states, just send them the tape of this game.

I have always called out conspiracy guy when I see him. Tonight, I have no response to conspiracy guy.

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
I wish someone in the media had the balls to ask Hellebuyck if he still likes his game better than Fleury's after tonight. Make a ****ing save when the team needs it!

Are you still ‘having fun’ hellebuyck?

I’m not

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Something wrong, I hold my head. Season gone, Helle dead.

Way overplayed this year. Jets have a better roster and can come back but not if the Knights walk away with more goals than chances.

Reactions: suihkukone

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Really tough loss. In my view this game was all on goaltending, Fleury’s amazing goaltending versus Helle’s Pavlecian goaltending. Really really discouraging loss.

That said, Jets can definitely win three in a row against VGK but they need much better goaltending to do it. But if Helle starts playing the way he did much of the season and the rest of the team plays like they played last two games we can do it. Even if Fleury continues to stand on his head.

Seeing the games so far honestly a 90% save does it and we win by two goals a game. It doesn't have to be even good at this point just avg.

This is a very one sided series play wise I'm shocked the media with their blind love affair with Vegas don't see that. This really should be 3-1 jets.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This place is awful after a loss. Hope for a win Sunday. If they can lose 3 in a row then they can win

To win three in a role (doable) Helle needs to turn his play around. He's capable but he's been absolutey awful the last three games to the point where I doubt he does. Hoping for the best but think this might be the final lesson this team needs before they win it all next season.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
My kingdom for Kulikov and morrow please take enstrom and chiarot out. Should have done that at the start of the series.

Reactions: Ippenator

None

Feb 22, 2012
I have been banging the "NHL" refs are trash drum for years, but this may be the biggest instance of them directly affecting a game I have ever seen.

In the playoffs they absolutely need to make sure they're making the right call for the first penalty, otherwise they're setting a shitty tone for the rest of the game. In this game they make the call against Myers and completely botch the more egregious call in the corner against Scheifele. I can't imagine it feeling worse from the perspective of the Jets, and it's embarrassing for the league how inconsistent the referees are in their calls.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Now we are getting "Rope a Doped"...

3c6d3f5a569d077961c56547852fd287.350x191x67.gif

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Team of Destiny strikes again. They're getting the goal support and Fleury is playing out of his mind. Jets carried the bulk of the play for the last 2 games and lost because Vegas capitalises on almost every good chance they get. Man, this is frustrating. All I know is Dale Tallon should be fired on the spot.

Was he not once fired? Lol

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

I've watched hundreds, if not thousands of low-level junior, minor and women's hockey games with better offuciating than was on display tonight.

If the NHL ever wonders why the game isn't catching on in the states, just send them the tape of this game.

I have always called out conspiracy guy when I see him. Tonight, I have no response to conspiracy guy.
Yup ... I'm glad they are finally talking about it on SN. I know if it was the Leafs they would have been talking about 2 games ago.

Reactions: purdy44

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Pathetic finish to an otherwise promising season. Historically, Vegas would be viewed as one of the worst Stanley Cup Championship rosters of All-time.

Last edited:
Reactions: rosenqvist

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Vegas is not a feel good story. A feel good story has a relatable hero, a struggle.

Vegas didn't have their team gutted and distributed among the league.

Vegas didn't lose their team for 15 years.

Vegas didn't inherit a broken franchise with no future and have to rebuild it.

Vegas, enjoy your team if you know what you have, but it's not a feel good story because WINNIPEG IS NOT A VILLAIN.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
sucks but it is what it is. We could have the best team in the league for the next decade and not get a cup. It's almost comically annoying that our first real chance is undone by an expansion team. Is Vegas our new Oilers?

Reactions: purdy44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad