Prospect Info: Vasili Podkolzin Pt. IIII

When will Podz join the Canucks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Good read and videos, I enjoyed watching some parts of those.

It did sound a bit optimistic though, but this is HFCanucks so we can't get our hopes up. :P

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Thanks for this. First thing I noticed is that he's standing right next to 6'6" Magnus Hellberg. Just to add to the great mystery that is Pod's actual height.

FWIW, he looks more like 6'3" than 6'1". That is, unless Hellberg's measurements are similarly inflated.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Hey guys,

I recently broke down Podkolzin’s game for the Daily Hive. Tons of video and analysis here. Took like 40ish hours to complete but I think it will give you a good idea of his translatability. What the Canucks can expect from Podkolzin next season | Offside

Just got through your piece. It's a very astute piece of analysis. I think your assessment of his shortcomings are spot on. But that's why many on this board have him project him as a complementary top 6 winger. He's about the one bright spot I'll be watching for this upcoming season.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
As expected, Podkolzin was not in the line-up for Russia today as the WCs got underway. (Russia beat Czech 4-3.)

At his press conference, Benning said they intend to sign Podkozlin as soon as the World Hockey Championships are done.

The fact that he's been left off the team should make it easier.....and since it's an entry-level contract, there won't be much to negotiate.

The question is, where does he fit in with the Canucks? If he could come in and replicate what Hoglander did, it would be huge. The Horvat line has been dying for a winger for the last two seasons.

PURE SPECULATION FROM A VERY BIASED OPINION I HAVE NO TRUST IN THIS MANAGEMENT TEAM. I THINK THEY WILL LIE LIKE A POLOTICIAN
Was it a Canuck/Benning fukazzy to improve hope for next year. I can't find anything any where he was on the ice with the team. Neither can I find anything from main media about him being on or invited to the team.
Did Pod refuse to come to the Canucks?
If the reputation in the NHL is such that this Benning team has to over pay old vets to come here what do you think the teams reputation is in Russia?
Why has no one thought of this?
Look at the list of Euros' this regime has had trouble with.

Burmistrov
Tryamkin
Goldoblin

Burmistrov

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
PURE SPECULATION FROM A VERY BIASED OPINION I HAVE NO TRUST IN THIS MANAGEMENT TEAM. I THINK THEY WILL LIE LIKE A POLOTICIAN
Was it a Canuck/Benning fukazzy to improve hope for next year. I can't find anything any where he was on the ice with the team. Neither can I find anything from main media about him being on or invited to the team.
Did Pod refuse to come to the Canucks?
If the reputation in the NHL is such that this Benning team has to over pay old vets to come here what do you think the teams reputation is in Russia?
Why has no one thought of this?
Look at the list of Euros' this regime has had trouble with.

Burmistrov
Tryamkin
Goldoblin

Burmistrov
lol..Essentially..Burmistrov and Goldoblin were not good enough to play in the NHL,and Tryamkin was not going to be an NHL top 4 d-man.
You're manufacturing pure fiction.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
for those wondering, burmistrov had 17 points in the khl this season in 44 games. that is his best scoring rate since he went to the khl 4 seasons ago.

overall, he has 55 points in 167 khl games since he left the canucks.

just think, if only we had handled him better, he could still be a canuck.

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
I’ve been a diehard fan for 16 years, but damn, I completely forgot Burmistrov even donned the sweater for a practice, let alone 24 games.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I was wrong, I found Pod on team Kaz. Not team Russia. Team Russia would have been much more impressive.
I wonder why Benning said team Russia?

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
As far as comparisons, I was thinking David Booth pre-injuries.

Maybe a bit slower, but better playmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad