Confirmed with Link: Varone, Akeson, Leduc, Conditional 7th to OTT for Guptil, O'Dell, Schneider, Sdao

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I have to think this is was some sort of bet amongst GMs on who could have the biggest multiplayer deal with names no one recognizes.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Like I said in the deadline thread, obviously this is a minor league swap but it's a good trade for us in that sense. I think it works for the Sens if they believe Varone is a player for them going forward as we imo weren't going to qualify him -- perhaps they will. On paper it's a good deal for Rochester. Schneider's also a Williamsville product for those who aren't aware. I like it. Hope we land thet Wiercioch+Prince deal on the cheap still tho.

sure, but it's also not just a bunch of no names, why even bother, type of deal

Rochester exists. It might not matter much at this point but at least Murray is saying he doesn't accept what's going on there, even if he's the one responsible for the roster that sucked in the first place.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Like I said in the deadline thread, obviously this is a minor league swap but it's a good trade for us in that sense. I think it works for the Sens if they believe Varone is a player for them going forward as we imo weren't going to qualify him -- perhaps they will. On paper it's a good deal for Rochester. Schneider's also a Williamsville product for those who aren't aware. I like it. Hope we land thet Wiercioch+Prince deal on the cheap still tho.

Rochester exists. It might not matter much at this point but at least Murray is saying he doesn't accept what's going on there, even if he's the one responsible for the roster that sucked in the first place.

I wonder if Murray was trying to get Prince+Wiercioch and talking about swapping some minor leaguers in that deal too, and then it just evolved into a pure minor league deal.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Nill: "Tim, this is Jim Nill, why haven't you been returning my calls?"
Murray: "Oh sorry Jim, I've been working on this complex multiplayer trade"
Nill: "Ok. Any of the names we've been talking about?"
Murray: "I'm not at liberty to say right now, but if you are willing to move Lindell I can put this huge 7 player deal on hold" ::muffled laughter::
Nill: "Haha, very funny Tim. You aren't making a 7 player deal"
Murray: "Oh yeah, you wanna bet?"

Bonlarvis

Feb 4, 2015
Hamburg NY
Nill: "Tim, this is Jim Nill, why haven't you been returning my calls?"
Murray: "Oh sorry Jim, I've been working on this complex multiplayer trade"
Nill: "Ok. Any of the names we've been talking about?"
Murray: "I'm not at liberty to say right now, but if you are willing to move Lindell I can put this huge 7 player deal on hold" ::muffled laughter::
Nill: "Haha, very funny Tim. You aren't making a 7 player deal"
Murray: "Oh yeah, you wanna bet?"

Ha, nice.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Reading into this, Bailey will be reassigned to Rochester when they return from California and Schneider probably will given a chance with the Sabres. Amerks also shed three players who aren't very good in the defensive zone.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
What exactly did the Sens want/get? Contract space?

I'm trying to figure it out. Binghamton Senators are last in the conference, so maybe this was a favor Bryan was doing for Tim. Maybe "a small favor" was part of future considerations in the Lehner trade??

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I don't know why all the comments that seem to mock this deal. We are a hockey organization. Paxon said it above - ROCHESTER EXISTS. Clearly this is a minor league only deal designed to shake thinks up in Rochester.

The Amerks have an outside chance at a playoff birth if they can turn things around quickly. This is a big minor league deal and is indicative that Murray is at least watching what is happening in Roch and is not happy.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Anybody catch what Matt Coller said about this trade?

He's sort of high on Schneider. Said essentially we traded four players that had no future whatsoever on this team for 2 guys that are also duds, one with a super longshot chance at making it and Schneider, who he feels might have some offense that could translate into something in the NHL. He's not like over the top, but pegged essentially summer it up as "we traded nothing for a 15% chance at something."

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Wow big deal that you do not see often. Like the trade though. Kind of new starts for all players involved. Kind of seems all the players involved probably needed new opportunities as they weren't getting them in their situations. Maybe Murray has some good insight to these guys as well.

This is basically the reasoning for why O'Dell went to Ottawa in the first place (from Winnipeg). He was always good on the IceCaps and when he was finally recalled, he played decently but never really found a place on the Jets roster. Hopefully he is good for you guys if he ever gets another callup.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
I liked this trade til I heard Schneider was 26 and still battling to break into the NHL. How are you supposed to feel when you trade approximately equally but there's little to no significant improvement (even in the Amerks)? Guess we'll see. I liked the idea of getting the Bing's leading scorer and points getter. But we'll have to see if that translates to anything more.

Meh?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad