shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Colorado last 4 games
upload_2019-2-7_13-17-44.png

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Who was the last biggest first round bust we drafted besides Bura? I'm sure there might be one but I just can't think of it right now and I'm at work.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
no Jaskin. stupid decision
Don't get either. He seems like a player that can conribute in the playoffs if given time to work on some chemistry with bottom-6. Instead, they give a sweater to DSP and CS18.

Who was the last biggest first round bust we drafted besides Bura? I'm sure there might be one but I just can't think of it right now and I'm at work.
I don't think you can consider him a bust. There's plenty of busts taken that year in the 1st round but he's not one of them. He's pretty bad these days though.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010

Definitely Anton Gustafsson in 2008.

And I agree that it may be premature to deem Bura a bust, but so far he's not doing what you'd expect from a first rounder. A bunch of them never produce even at Bura's level, so he hasn't been a complete bust.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Definitely Anton Gustafsson in 2008.

And I agree that it may be premature to deem Bura a bust, but so far he's not doing what you'd expect from a first rounder. A bunch of them never produce even at Bura's level, so he hasn't been a complete bust.
32 players from that draft have 50+ points, 30 players from the previous draft have 70+ points, it's about what you'd expect at this point from a mid 1st and he was a late 1st.

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015

Anton gustafsson or however you spell it. Seemed like they drafted him and then forgot he was Caps property

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

there was no one good after him from that draft until the 3rd round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad