Post-Game Talk: Varly & Grubi visit the champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I'm thinking Boyd and even Stephenson may be trade bait so they're being showcased.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Boyd is the player to go. He has shown offensive potential and Caps don't have a roster spot for him. He is at that age when you gotta either play him or let him go.

I could easily see a team like Ottawa using him as a cheap 2nd line offensive center.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
It will always be hard for me to imagine us trading a young guy like Stephenson that did contribute meaningful minutes last season during our cup run. I have his jersey, and while he's having a rough season, I still think he has the potential to be a great 2 way player. There were times last year in our regular season where he looked like the only guy on the ice who gave a shit. He would hoof it from the offensive zone to play defense on breakaways. I'm hoping this is a sophomore slump.

Also in that same vain I saw people on RMNB campaigning to trade Kuzy for Panarin. Christ, talk about a what have you done for me lately crowd. Kuznetsov was arguably the actual Conn Smythe winner last season, to bounce him for a guy who has never been past the first round is such a massive over reaction.

Reactions: Capitals40

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Also might I add a guy like Stephenson's value is likely no where near what his actual upside is. He's a 24 year old 3rd round pick on a very friendly contract who has a career high 18 points and plays bottom 6 hockey. Most teams are probably not giving us a ton for him, but we all know that if he was to actually play to his ability he's an absolute steal of a player.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Who was the last biggest first round bust we drafted besides Bura? I'm sure there might be one but I just can't think of it right now and I'm at work.
We have had a few first round busts over the years.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
The puck should have been visible to the ref before Nicky put it in, but he whistled anyway. Still plenty of time to get the PPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad