Denver Post: Varlamov turns himself in to police *Read Mod Warning Post 23 & 275*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I first thought where there's smoke there's fire but now I think she's lying completely and Varlamov didn't do anything.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
This is so crazy lol. Time for the Avalanche landslide.

Gotta suck to do this though. Everyone knows she'd get hate from Varly fans, especially people from Russia. That was like going to be a given and knowing that fact made me side a tincey bit with her at first.

I'm trying to hold off judgement but it's really hard with a lot of these details coming out. There's just so much inconsistency in her stories compared with where the police documented bruises

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Either he's on a Dexter level of hiding his psychopathic traits or she's exaggerating.

I mean, if she would have stuck with just beating (kicking, hitting, etc) I would have believed that he could hide that from other people since that is the case in many battering cases.
But laughing while beating someone? Alcoholism? Extreme violence? Just hard to hide and hard to keep off a criminal record.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The "but throwing her out on the street was "the final straw."" sounds very fishy. He tells her to get out, her in a foreign country decides to cry wolf?

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
So now we have Denver Post writers posting garbage like "He laughed at her while he beat her"

I'm sorry, and this has very little to do with what happened with Varlamov and his GF, but this Sadie Gurman character is coming across to me as a sensationalist and a hack of a journalist.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
The "but throwing her out on the street was "the final straw."" sounds very fishy. He tells her to get out, her in a foreign country decides to cry wolf?

It seems a little weird that making her leave his apartment was more a final straw than attempting to drown her

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I'm trying hard not to come off as biased simply because the accused plays on a sports team I root for. That is hardly a good reason to defend a fellow. However, her going to the press immediately in all of this raises a lot of yellow flags to me, as do some of the details. I don't understand why she'd want publicity in this or feel that she needs to bring the case to the court of public opinion.

Until real details emerge that can be relied on as facts, I have no opinion in this matter. For all I know Varly gave her a savage beating or he yelled in her direction. The truth is probably somewhere between those two, and my bias clearly hopes it was very much towards the latter.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
In video she says it was "wa wtornik" it means on Tuesday, interpreter didn't say the day name so maybe Denver Post thought it was on Monday.

Sounds like something a Post reporter would do. You know like get the day wrong which would totally make her a liar because that would meant he was getting drunk at a halloween party while he was actually playing.

They say in the video during the question that it happened on Tuesday according to the police report.

DanglesFromDuchene

Sep 8, 2013
It was interesting that one of her most animated rants was the one involving him being able to "spend 2 million dollars in one day"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad