Vanek or Michalek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnybrook

Mar 14, 2003
Los Angeles
To a certain extent i don't think it really matters what spot they where
drafted at, or how much they were hyped. Just look at Luc Robitaille, he's on his way to the hall of fame when he's done, and he was drafted in the 9th round, for a guy that supposedly couldn't skate that's pretty damn good. Or look at Peter Bondra 7th round. Even though i like Michalek better i think Vanek is going to be a great player down the road.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Sammy said:
The point is the same.Use Ovechkin or Zherdev, it doesnt really matter. Its just using a more accomplished player as the example is more illustrative of the lunacy of his point.

To compare two guys that have been drafted makes sense in this case but when its a guy who has been drafted to a guy who has yet to be drafted it is completely asinine and pathetic logic for one desparately tryin to find a point. Like I said, come up with a decent argument and Ill continue this discussion but with the garbage you're spewin, it looks like I wont have to. All these wasted words...

X-SHARKIE

I agree. Why are we comparing Michalek and Vanek...two complete opposites of players. Sabres obviosly wanted a goal scorer, Sharks wanted the complete package.

Comparing Steve Bernier, Anthony Stewart, Brent Burns, Hugh Jessiman and saying whose the best of the 5 powerforwards of the 2003 would make more sense.

Sammy*

Patty Ice XXX said:
To compare two guys that have been drafted makes sense in this case but when its a guy who has been drafted to a guy who has yet to be drafted it is completely asinine and pathetic logic for one desparately tryin to find a point. Like I said, come up with a decent argument and Ill continue this discussion but with the garbage you're spewin, it looks like I wont have to. All these wasted words...
The wasted words as you call them, were unfortunatly necessary to counter your stupid argument, which you havnt had the balls to back up with any logic when called on it.
The silence on the point is deafning.

KillToronto

X-SHARKIE said:
KillToronto is one of the most imature posters i've ever seen on this board....and thats saying alot coming from me.

Grow up Killtoronto seriosly... No one is really going to respect you except for homer Sabres fans after what you've been saying. Once again I love Vanek, I think very highly of him. But I liked Michalek pre draft day even, I jumped for Joy ...Really I when the Sharks taken him. Everyone in San jose did, Except for Kevin. Lol.

*sigh*

here I thought this thread was dead. now I get a whiny post from some high school punk who has nothing to back up how I am immature. Am I immature for saying I like a healthy Vanek over an injured Michalek? Honestly, why do I have to grow up? I'd like to know.

and by the way I could care less what you think about me anyway so keep wasting your time telling me i'm immature.

KillToronto

X-SHARKIE said:
Jesus Christ.... This isnt about..... Sabre fans Vs Sharks fans...It's about Michalek VS Vanek..

Hmm, when did I say it was? I never mentioned anything about either team's fans.

X-SHARKIE said:
I really doubt KillToronto seen him play.

If you're talking about Vanek, I have seen him play live. I've seen Michalek on NHL center Ice.

X-SHARKIE said:
Calling Michalek soft btw is the dumbest thing i've seen on this post Killtoronto...

Hmm, well I'm basing my statements on what I've heard from NUMEROUS scouts, GM's, etc. So of course I must be full of sh*t, right?

X-SHARKIE said:
He's a baby.

He can be the world's biggest baby for all I care, but if he scores the Sabres a cup-winning goal, I'll build him a shrine (not really).

Devo-2

Apr 1, 2003
Rochester, NY
Visit site
Buffaloed said:
I wanted Vanek all along so I'm not saying it because the Sabres picked him. I think he has higher upside than Michalek, but he also has a lower downside. I've never entertained the possibility that Michalek could be a bust, but I also don't think he's ever going to pop in 40-50 goals. Vanek could just as easily be the next Pavel Brendl as he could be the next Mike Bossy. That's a gamble I can live with.

Nice. Can this thread be closed now.

Sabot55

Patty Ice XXX said:
If you would read a lil closer, I was implying that the Staals, Fluerys, and Michaleks of the world are just further along in their development not necessarily developing better or that the Vaneks and who-have-yas aren't developin at all. Its not a hard concept to grasp.

Developing "further along" versus "developing better"

seems like word play as opposed to concise analysis

Sabot55

X-SHARKIE said:
I truely believe Vaneks laziness is giong to catch up with him. You can be lazy and do good in College. NHL is a different story.

I'll take the 6-2 220 physical speciman with the excelent speed and acceleration and agility. With the Two way game Selke trophy winners are made of, with a nice shot that needs to be used more, who also happens to be one of the most creative playmakers i've seen at such a young age, with deft stickhandling. PLUS HE HUSTLES his ass of.

Great players save there energy? Dumbest quote i've seen on these message boards outside of one of my post lol.

And Vanek is all of 19 years old. Were you the hardest worker you could be when you were 19 years old? I wasn't, neither is Vanek.

If he is still playing lazy hockey when he's 22, like Brendl, then your argument is valid.

Some players like Brendl are lazy teenagers that never gain a work ethic. Some are like Mike Modano, who was a lazy teenager, and has developed a wonderful work ethic.

Guys like Michalek, who have that work ethic at a younger age, are rare. Hopefully, for Sabre fans and Vanek, he develops a work ethic along the way, as most people in the world do.

Until then, I think Vanek has a higher upside, and I would take him.

X-SHARKIE

Dont get me wrong here folks...I saw Vanek two times last week end vs the Badgers and he had 4 goals...He can score. Once he's in the offensive zone he's deadly as they come. He could be an all star some day. But the rest of his game and attitude just sucks!!! He's weak as well.. Somone said he has a mean streak...Were? Suter gave him the buisness every shift he was out there. I dont think Vanek is going to like the NHL very much IMO. Suter dominated that battle. Although Vanek dance around everyone else. Vanek is very very good. He's a pure goal scorer. Sharks need more then that. Thats why i'm happy with MIchalek big time. I Rather have Michalek. He has all the tools to put the goals in as well. His game is remarkable for such a young man.. Imagine where Michalek well be when he's 23.

Both are great players who play diffrently. It's almost impossible to compare the to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad