TSN: Vandermeer Waived (UPD: Clears - Jan 22)

stevecanuck16

Jul 28, 2009
There must be a whole lot more interest in Barker than we're all estimating. Hope we don't lose Vandy, he'll be useful this year. He'll likely clear, though, and Schroeder should play Wednesday.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
He's just going to the Wolves, not being put down.

Schroeder on way up.

I don't think he even has anywhere to come up from. Doesn't seem like he ever went down there. Didn't play for the wolves on Saturday, which meant they only had 11 forwards.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Seems the obvious choice...not a whole lotta difference between Vandy and double A, barker at least brings a different sjill set.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Seems the obvious choice...not a whole lotta difference between Vandy and double A, barker at least brings a different sjill set.
I'd send down Alberts (but we know that won't happen) even though he's probably the slightly better defense than Vandermeer in the hopes somebody will actually claim him (Vandermeer being the far cheaper cap hit). Plus, I'd rather have a guy like Vandermeer take on the useless thugs like Eager than Kassian.

Barker....meh........

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Alberts is underrated. Plays a physical but safe game and knows his role as #7. I have no problems with AA assuming AV doesn't try making him a top 4 guy.

craigcaulks*

I don't think he even has anywhere to come up from. Doesn't seem like he ever went down there. Didn't play for the wolves on Saturday, which meant they only had 11 forwards.

On way up from limbo?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
One can hope we ice the following:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Higgins - Schroeder - Burrows
Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen
Volpatti - Malhotra - Weise
Ebbett

It won't happen but... I want it to.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Alberts is underrated. Plays a physical but safe game and knows his role as #7. I have no problems with AA assuming AV doesn't try making him a top 4 guy.
Too much a luxory as a #7 @ 1.225 million. Especially when don't have to downgrade too much to Vandermeer (and again, at least the later has other "skills" that are useful to the club - eg., can always use him as an extra forward as insurance in case we're short on D).

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Same, I've never really had a problem with Alberts as long as he stays within his role.

The only problem with Ablerts staying within his role as a #7 is that if he's playing at all, he's already playing out of his role. :sarcasm:

RDRR

Sep 26, 2009
MG must have been really impressed by the other two Wolves last night.:naughty:

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Schroeder (assuming he is called up) sure didn't spend long in purgatory. Av must hate him.

I don't mind Alberts as a #7, but I would rather Aaron Rome over Alberts or Barker.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
The only problem with Ablerts staying within his role as a #7 is that if he's playing at all, he's already playing out of his role. :sarcasm:
Alberts doing anything beyond stuffing his face with popcorn in the press box is beyond his role.. and at $1.2M+ there are better options.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I don't mind Alberts as a #7, but I would rather Aaron Rome over Alberts or Barker.
Sure if you ignore cap hits - it would be a no-brainer. I wouldn't want Rome @ $1.6 million (given the current cap structure of our blueline - he'd be too expensive IMHO).

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
It's Schredder time, guys.

Oh wait, I do have a gif for this...
cEdPi.gif

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Sure if you ignore cap hits - it would be a no-brainer. I wouldn't want Rome @ $1.6 million (given the current cap structure of our blueline - he'd be too expensive IMHO).

Rome only makes $1.5 million, $275k more than Alberts, and he's twice the hockey player. Plus the Canucks are going to have to dump Ballard next offseason, and Rome would be a serviceable #6 guy to step up and replace him.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
One can hope we ice the following:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Higgins - Schroeder - Burrows
Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen
Volpatti - Malhotra - Weise
Ebbett

It won't happen but... I want it to.

Why wouldn't you try Raymond with Schroeder again? Makes for a stronger third line, and a potentially more offensive second line (if the chemistry really is there) without sacrificing any defensive ability. Aside from that, it's definitely a lineup I'd test - two strong defensive wingers with Schroeder makes it much more likely to succeed than anything depending on Kassian there (not that he's bad defensively, but two young players on a line aren't likely to be depended on much by AV).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad