Sportsnet: Vancouver willing to trade Chris Tanev

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
No, because Rielly isn’t injury prone, and Jeremy Bracco is a legitimate prospect while Gaunce is a 23 year old AHL quality player. Carrick is also a young RHD to fill a void.

So either your comment is knowingly bull**** or your talent evaluation is off
Lmao this is homerism at it’s finest. Bracco will never be an NHL regular. He’s a dime a dozen prospect. Gaunce is actually playing well as a shutdown 4th liner and has size. Bracco is tiny and is not effective unless in a top 6 scoring role which won’t happen. Carrick is a bottom pairing defenceman. It’s an awful proposal don’t even try defending it. Hamonic averages around 70 games a year and fetched a **** ton

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Well,Travis Hamonic has never played a full season either (averages about 70 games a year and only 49 last year) and it didn't exactly hurt his value.

As other posters have said,he mostly gets tough defensive minutes and first pairing PK duties so he's going to be absorbing punishment and plenty of rubber during the season.Most of his injuries are from blocking shots,it seems,and nothing chronic.

big difference between 65 and 70 games

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Yes, Tanev is great at defense. However he has 0 offense and is injury prone.

A young controllable RHD, a good prospect and hopefully a 1st Round Pick is good value. Whether you like it or not.

Bracco’s P.P.G is quite impressive for a 21 year old AHL player. He’s not an elite prospect, so his numbers aren’t mind blowing, but if you pay attention to the AHL (which I assume you don’t) you’d know he’s had a very quality season. Especially since the Leafs actually focus on development and have had him in defensive situations and have had him focusing on his strength/conditioning.

So whatever, your opinion means nothing, and neither does mine at the end of the day. No point trying to convince each other.

Cheers
Jesus I don’t understand how people say Tanev has zero offence. The guy gets no offensive minutes, plays the opponents top lines every night, and can’t get any secondary assists because our team is ****. He’s a solid puck moving dman.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Yes, Tanev is great at defense. However he has 0 offense and is injury prone.

A young controllable RHD, a good prospect and hopefully a 1st Round Pick is good value. Whether you like it or not.

Bracco’s P.P.G is quite impressive for a 21 year old AHL player. He’s not an elite prospect, so his numbers aren’t mind blowing, but if you pay attention to the AHL (which I assume you don’t) you’d know he’s had a very quality season. Especially since the Leafs actually focus on development and have had him in defensive situations and have had him focusing on his strength/conditioning.

So whatever, your opinion means nothing, and neither does mine at the end of the day. No point trying to convince each other.

Cheers

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
No, because Tanev despite being injury-prone is an ELITE shutdown defenseman (real NHL teams are aware of this, look at McDavid's comments on Tanev and when he played with Riellly)

Prospects like Jeremy Bracco are common, are we supposed to be shocked that a player in his d+3 year has 16 points in 28 games in the AHL? foh lol

Leafs fan actually overrate their prospects beyond comprehension it's unreal. It's like them believing Kapanen is pretty much solidifed as a top 6 winger in the NHL.

Marlies numbers are basically impossible to decipher because they're so loaded and nobody gets that much ice time. I mean, Carrick/Bracco/2nd still isn't close on Tanev, but I think there's still reason to like Bracco. He just has too much uncertainty to acquire as if he's the headliner for a legit top-pair defenseman.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Re-sign Gudbranson, trade Tanev for prospects/picks and suck even harder. Considering the Canucks need defense prospects I'd imagine something around Liljegren and 1st would be what Vancouver would be asking for.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Connor Carrick + Jeremy Bracco + Conditional 2019 2nd Round Pick, becomes a 1st if Tanev plays 70 games or more
Gosh, this Connor Carrick fella must be really valuable. He's mentioned in every Leafs' proposal.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Something around a High Pick + dermott for Tanev would work, I am high on Dermott.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jesus I don’t understand how people say Tanev has zero offence. The guy gets no offensive minutes, plays the opponents top lines every night, and can’t get any secondary assists because our team is ****. He’s a solid puck moving dman.

Tanev has yet to reach 90 career points.

He’s played nearly 7 seasons and 400 career games.

In fact, he’s on pace to hit his 90th point in around his 400th game.

That would be a .23 PPG. or a point every 4.5 games. That’s very little offense.

Also, that’s not a huge thing, given his elite defense, but a 40 point d-man will get more in return than a 15 point d-man, for the same reason Karlsson wins the Norris despite not being the best defender.

These days, even as analytics take control, it’s still a points league

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
Gosh, this Connor Carrick fella must be really valuable. He's mentioned in every Leafs' proposal.

he's probably the best defenseman that plays the right side for the leafs, in that he's technically an nhl-caliber defenseman.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...-round-pick-for-1st-round-pick-2-2nds.2362015

Hamonic + 4th for 1st + 2nd + 2nd.

Same player basically, but Tanev is better, both injury prone.
ig9miu

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Christ is this guy ever healthy! If that doesn’t raise a red flag I don’t know what does.

Again a team over valuing a player!

Just look at his past years and games played. Ridiculous.
Have you ever watched him play? He is forced to play A reckless brand due to the fact besides Edler our D sucks ass. Every single injury is minor Last year was mono food poisoning and the mumps This year broken teeth and A small hairline fracture that will keep him out for 10 days. Most of these issues will be resolved once he plays on A team that doesn't have the travel that the Canucks do. He is always rundown and that affects his body. That and he is an absolute warrior. Mark my words if he end up in the East on A team that gets him to stop sacrificing his body, or better yet A team that has players that will take some of the pressure off him Seriously the guy is constantly put in A position to get hurt simply because some of his teammates put him in A vulnerable position.. Same with all are good players the few we have. they feel obligated to sacrifice their own well-being cuz half the guys on the ice just constantly cough up the puck. Other gm,s know this which is why Benning was offered A top 4 pick for him last year. Any team that gets him will be gushing over him like we do. Before this goes sideways. Benning knows what he wants and it isn't Kap and A 1st In fact If I was A betting man the only teams that can give JB what he wants and according to Pierre and Bob Mac the price is A first A grade A prospect and A roster player. NY Islanders the Flyers Ducks Oilers minus the first if its top 6. defer until next year and throw in JP The caps would be A good fit as well. JB is not A fan of lily. Didn't even have him down for A pre-draft interview. Lv is also A possibility. Avs and maybe the Sabres but the latter is unlikely Hawks for the rights siekra and their first plus Seabrook to get them out of cap hell. Personally, I hope its CBJ for their 1st and Panerin who is gone after next season for Tanev Sven or Granny and A 3rd. Laugh all you want at me, but be prepared.

I get it though id pull the injury card as well. Thing is we're not the ones making the deals thank god.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Tanev has yet to reach 90 career points.

He’s played nearly 7 seasons and 400 career games.

In fact, he’s on pace to hit his 90th point in around his 400th game.

That would be a .23 PPG. or a point every 4.5 games. That’s very little offense.

Also, that’s not a huge thing, given his elite defense, but a 40 point d-man will get more in return than a 15 point d-man, for the same reason Karlsson wins the Norris despite not being the best defender.

These days, even as analytics take control, it’s still a points league
? Karlsson wins the Norris because he can play great defense and offense at a high caliber. If you compared the season where Doughty won over Karlsson, Karlsson beat Doughty in nearly every defensive aspect and even outscoring Doughty. All you have to do is google the Karlsson vs Doughty Norris shit.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd offer our 1st, Bracco and Rasanen (recent 2nd rounder 6'7 RHD)

Bracco was also a recent 2nd rounder doing well in the AHL, so equivalent value of a 1st and 2 2nds.

Jan 21, 2018
Really hope you’re joking because if not I don’t think you watch hockey...

Pettersson
Demko
Juolevi
Gaudette
Lind
Gadjovich
Etc...

We have 10x the prospect pool you have...

Are you actually being serious? You're bragging about having a better prospect pool, something that is attributed to being a terrible team?

Do you think Pittsburgh gives a damn that they have one of the worst prospect pools in the league?

And if you really want to compare prospect pools, then the Leafs prospect Auston Matthews (2016 draft) is better than all the Canucks prospects combined.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I'm sure that would work well for Vancouver lol
I do not get this post? are you saying it sarcastically or not?.

I think people in Van would hate this deal, but I would like it since I am high on Dermott.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I do not get this post? are you saying it sarcastically or not?.

I think people in Van would hate this deal, but I would like it since I am high on Dermott.
Depends what you mean by a high pick but I wouldn't move Dermott straight up. Doesn't make sense to add an injury prone guy for a young up and coming defender on his ELC. I too am very high on Dermott.

Superlative Soup

Treasured and Marveled
Apr 8, 2013
Saskatchewan
Safe to say a “special package” isn’t going to be centred around nothing players like Bracco and/or Carrick.

I’m sure the ask will be so high that no way it gets done.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Are you actually being serious? You're bragging about having a better prospect pool, something that is attributed to being a terrible team?

Do you think Pittsburgh gives a damn that they have one of the worst prospect pools in the league?

And if you really want to compare prospect pools, then the Leafs prospect Auston Matthews (2016 draft) is better than all the Canucks prospects combined.
Matthews is definitely not better than the entire Canucks prospect pool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad