Cal Foote

To: Tampa
Tanev

Lightning go all in

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Understandable, but he’s just entering his prime, on an amazing contract, is a RHD, and plays the top competition game in and game out. He’s getting injuries because he’s honestly carrying our entire defensive core every night. He barely gets any offensive minutes. Every team should be taking that gamble, especially if they’d use him as a #2/3/4
The injuries are honestly the only thing that scare me away from him. I don't really think there is a better fit with the style of player the Leafs need as long term the role Hainsey is playing in needs to be filled and Tanev would probably fit like a glove playing beside Rielly. What the price would come down to has been argued non stop but I absolutely see the value in having a player like Tanev.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That's like the Canucks offering for Rielly

Granlund, Gaunce and a conditional 2nd, becomes a first if Reilly plays a full season

No, because Rielly isn’t injury prone, and Jeremy Bracco is a legitimate prospect while Gaunce is a 23 year old AHL quality player. Carrick is also a young RHD to fill a void.

So either your comment is knowingly bullshit or your talent evaluation is off

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
my hot take on chris tanev is that not only are canucks fans not overrating him, they might actually be underrating him lol. chris tanev rules so hard.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
No, because Rielly isn’t injury prone, and Jeremy Bracco is a legitimate prospect while Gaunce is a 23 year old AHL quality player. Carrick is also a young RHD to fill a void.

So either your comment is knowingly bull**** or your talent evaluation is off
No, because Tanev despite being injury-prone is an ELITE shutdown defenseman (real NHL teams are aware of this, look at McDavid's comments on Tanev and when he played with Riellly)

Prospects like Jeremy Bracco are common, are we supposed to be shocked that a player in his d+3 year has 16 points in 28 games in the AHL? foh lol

Leafs fan actually overrate their prospects beyond comprehension it's unreal. It's like them believing Kapanen is pretty much solidifed as a top 6 winger in the NHL.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
They really shouldnt trade him it will destroy our d unless theres some stud d coming back who can jump into the lineup IMMIDEATELY

Dermott comes to mind but obvi cannot take the minutes Tanev does. Also Toronto needs a dman but us and Leafs fans get into a brawl every time we discuss the possibility of a Tanev trade so I will stay away from that proposal maybe theres another team thats a possibility if we have to trade the Tan Man

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Well,Travis Hamonic has never played a full season either (averages about 70 games a year and only 49 last year) and it didn't exactly hurt his value.

As other posters have said,he mostly gets tough defensive minutes and first pairing PK duties so he's going to be absorbing punishment and plenty of rubber during the season.Most of his injuries are from blocking shots,it seems,and nothing chronic.

ReggieDunlop7

Jun 7, 2010
I can't believe Tanev is actually a plus player on that Vancouver team. They are absolutely awful, but he's still a +9.

Reactions: Mr Plow

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
No, because Tanev despite being injury-prone is an ELITE shutdown defenseman (real NHL teams are aware of this, look at McDavid's comments on Tanev and when he played with Riellly)

Prospects like Jeremy Bracco are common, are we supposed to be shocked that a player in his d+3 year has 16 points in 28 games in the AHL? foh lol

Yes, Tanev is great at defense. However he has 0 offense and is injury prone.

A young controllable RHD, a good prospect and hopefully a 1st Round Pick is good value. Whether you like it or not.

Bracco’s P.P.G is quite impressive for a 21 year old AHL player. He’s not an elite prospect, so his numbers aren’t mind blowing, but if you pay attention to the AHL (which I assume you don’t) you’d know he’s had a very quality season. Especially since the Leafs actually focus on development and have had him in defensive situations and have had him focusing on his strength/conditioning.

So whatever, your opinion means nothing, and neither does mine at the end of the day. No point trying to convince each other.

Cheers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad