Sportsnet: Vancouver willing to trade Chris Tanev

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
injuries are a real concern for me, i like the player but missing a good chunk of the year has to lower his value imo.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Connor Carrick + Jeremy Bracco + Conditional 2019 2nd Round Pick, becomes a 1st if Tanev plays 70 games or more

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
He's injury prone, but I totally believe those injuries are triggered literally from being the only capable defenceman on the Canucks. The man has the entire weight of the team on him.

Whomever trades for him is going to get one hell of a smart d-man that can push the puck up the ice. Offence is limited but he's not a complete brick. Thinks the game very well. Put him beside someone young to babysit and watch his partner flourish.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I mean they might be fluke injuries but so were Lupul's. And he spent his entire career injured. Until he can actually stay healthy people are going to think he is injury prone.
Understandable, but he’s just entering his prime, on an amazing contract, is a RHD, and plays the top competition game in and game out. He’s getting injuries because he’s honestly carrying our entire defensive core every night. He barely gets any offensive minutes. Every team should be taking that gamble, especially if they’d use him as a #2/3/4

Reactions: Son of Petter

coldhands

Jan 25, 2012
BC
If Tanev played in the east with an easier schedule, I doubt he'd miss as many games. If Tanev is traded it will be for more than you are willing to give.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad