Confirmed with Link: Vancouver will host the 2019 NHL Entry Draft (June 21st-22nd, 2019)

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Should be fun to watch us with six picks or something, probably no first.

member 290103

At least we will host it and have a top pick again!

I suspect the team will go on a tear in October and Benning will trade the pick for a player with size that is hard to play against - surmising that he wants to give his team a chance to compete, because they deserve it. The team will then tank and miss the playoffs anyway.

In an attempt to rectify matters, he will then try to acquire picks the night before the draft, and end up getting none.

There's only one way to GM, and that's the Benning Way.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
In the wide realm of Canucks draft picks, Grabner is a pretty solid one. Only downside is that we dealt him away in a deal that was lousy in hindsight.
YEah all in all he was a decent pick but we gave up on him too quick.

Also side note, I can’t believe Rangers are better at the deadline than we are and we’ve had three years to have a decent one.

Reactions: geebaan

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I don't think we gave up on Grabner... he just wasn't developing here.

It wasn't until he was waived by Florida (on his 23rd birthday) that he self admittedly took stock of his life and career. Had that epiphany never happened he very well may have ended up like another Jensen, Shirokov.....

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Would love to see a draft day list of trades made by host teams over the past few yrs... decade-ish.

How splashy will Benning get.

Pretty jokey in here right now... maybe check in next yr..

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I don't think we gave up on Grabner... he just wasn't developing here.

It wasn't until he was waived by Florida (on his 23rd birthday) that he self admittedly took stock of his life and career. Had that epiphany never happened he very well may have ended up like another Jensen, Shirokov.....

Eh, he was good in the 2009-10 season before he broke his ankle kicking a soccer ball or whatever. He was also developing well in Manitoba, with 30 goals in just his 2nd year down there. Not sure he needed that much of an “epiphany” tbh, maybe just a bit of patience. But whatever, it’s been hashed out enough over the years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad