OT: Vancouver Titans | Overwatch ESports League

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
What is it about Koreans and Overwatch?

Is there a reason the game is much bigger in Korea than say.... Japan? Or China?

Japan is all about console gaming, China is having their MOBA craze (they just won the League World Championship).

Reactions: clunk

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Shanghai can only push the payload half the map length, this was a great first showing outside of one rocky map in the first set

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Stitch carried at the end, thanks for hanging out everyone!

Next week, the Titans play the Guangzhou Charge on Saturday the 23rd at 3 and then the San Francisco Shock on Sunday the 24th at 4:30

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Reminder that you can follow the Titans players on Twitter and on Twitch

Tanks

• Sang-beom "Bumper" Park - Twitch
  • Hyeon-woo "JJANU" Choi - Twitch
DPS

Supports

Staff

• Ji-sub "paJion" Hwang - Head Coach | Twitter
  • Yang-won "YANGWON" Kwon - Assistant Coach | Twitter
  • Harsha "Harsha" Bandi - Player Coordinator | Twitter | Twitch

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I don’t know a thing about overwatch, can an individual play or is only teams?

there is a 1v1 format but it isnt played competitively, same for 8 man free for all, if you play 6v6 competitive at home you can queue into games and itll assign you teammates around your skill level so you dont need friends to play

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
there is a 1v1 format but it isnt played competitively, same for 8 man free for all, if you play 6v6 competitive at home you can queue into games and itll assign you teammates around your skill level so you dont need friends to play

Is it better to learn as a absolute newbie 1v1 or 6v6

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Is it better to learn as a absolute newbie 1v1 or 6v6

1v1 is better for game mechanics but 6v6 is vital for strategy and ideal team compositions.

if youre interested in learning, twitch is a great learning tool as well, theres also lots of coaching videos on YouTube and pro games are live 4 days a week online

edit: also if you start the game, you can jump in 6v6 quickplay and the games have no consequences

Reactions: xtra

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Here are a few questions

1) how many games do they play a year

2) how much can money can this team make for the Aqulini"s

3) when they start playing in the Rodgers Arena will it sell out

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Here are a few questions

1) how many games do they play a year

2) how much can money can this team make for the Aqulini"s

3) when they start playing in the Rodgers Arena will it sell out

Last season in their inaugural season, 12 teams each team played 40 games total in the regular season, 2 games a week for 5 weeks over four 5 week stages, I don't have the numbers for this year but I know the Titans play 7 games in Stage 1 this season and 6 games in stage 2, I think they are dropping the games played to around 30 because there weren't enough teams and too many game days.

I don't know how much money offhand but I can tell you that a lot of the money will come from advertisements, they are also partnered with Heward-Packett, Intel, T-Mobile and their sponsors include Coca-Cola, Sour Patch Kids, Toyota and more, so clearly big name companies want to be involved. In addition, some of the other team owners are The Kraft Group (Boston Uprising, also owns the Patriots), Comcast Spectacor (Philadelphia Fusion, also owns the Flyers), Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (LA Gladiators, also owns the Avalanche, the Rams, and is the largest shareholder of Arsenal FC.) Activision/Blizzard claims that their inaugural season plus the Overwatch World Cup (Canada came third) earned them around $100 million in broadcasting rights and sponsorship sales, which would be before Coca-Cola became involved.

I don't think they will play the 'Rog, as fun as that would be, they'd likely build something smaller nearby, there's currently viewing parties for every game at the Sports Bar in Rogers Arena

Edit: there's also Titans merch for sale at the Canucks store in Rogers Arena

Last edited:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Finally got around to watching it and it was a good show against a weaker team (although Gamsu was impressive). Watching the Titans (especially the last match when they were running Genji-Tracer and Stitch’s McCree) really brought back some fond memories of Runaway in APEX. Really interested to see how they stack up against some of the better OWL teams. They’re really clean on the 3-3 comps, but had issues against Sombra and I wonder if they face someone like Surefour if he will rip them apart on that hero.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad