Vancouver Sports Media Thread | Part V something

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
God the morning show on 1040 is brutal. Blo Jake spends the entire segment pumping his man-cred and trying to establish that he is every guest's drinking buddy (which is the Moj's schtick). Pratt tries to find the drama even when there is none. They beat the crap out of the most superficial and obvious things and lack any kind of deeper or nuanced understanding of anything sports related.

Big Ry the twitter guy is brutal.

He is a embarrassment to all broadcasters & Producers out there.

Give him a break, he's like 12 years old. He should be delivering papers.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
That guy is dreadful. Unlistenable. Even the sound of his voice I cant stand. The afternoon show is bad enough as it is...but when they give him airtime...I immediately change the channel

The afternoon show is just lazy. Throwing Big Ry on the show for segments helps eat up air time.

I can't understand how they continue to think we find it entertaining to listen to them thrash him for being stupid. It's just not funny after the first 1000 times. Same with the same old laughing through the commercial spots. Terrible.

Ugh, the whole show is just complete garbage. I hope 650 ****ing pulverizes it.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
The worst thing about the afternoon show is that they take the same 15 minute discussion and do it 5-6 times per show, not adding anything new, just regurgitating what was said earlier verbatim.

Throw in a guest call or two(which are also repeated later) and fill the rest with non-sports bits and you have the final product.

It's so lazy and embarrassing.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Man, the show was horrible today. Ryan Henderson doing his Moj impression the whole show. Why is this Henderson guy on the radio so much? No other producers gets airtime like this guy does.

They need to change the name of the shows....

"BMac Donnie and the Moj" when only 20% of the time all 3 of them are there. BMac is retired, not coming back ever. Moj and Taylor take alternate weeks off. Just call it "The Afternoon Show"

DanCloutiersFiveHole

Sep 19, 2014
Vancouver
The worst thing about the afternoon show is that they take the same 15 minute discussion and do it 5-6 times per show, not adding anything new, just regurgitating what was said earlier verbatim.

Throw in a guest call or two(which are also repeated later) and fill the rest with non-sports bits and you have the final product.

I think I actually dislike the afternoon show more than the morning show. Didn't know that was possible previously. You get a lot of good guests on the morning show. Afternoon show gets Ferraro so I usually go back and listen to him. It's funny because he'll get asked a really stupid question and then proceed to take over the conversation and actually make some interesting points. The midday show is the only show where I am actually interested in what the hosts have to say

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007

exactly, unlike before, they have the podcasts at their website now; the whole afternoon show is riding on the sentimental value.. BTW, it seems that BMac will be back on mid of this month :popcorn:

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
Where does one go to get Canucks' audio bits from TSN1040? For some odd reason, they just stopped updating their soundcloud..... haters.

Search TSN 1040 in the iTunes podcast store.

Last edited:

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
How in the holy hell did Brooke Ward survive all the culls in sports media?

There's just something about him that I don't like. He's just as pompous as Pratt in his way.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I dunno. Pratt just has this...voice. He's got that total sportscaster radio voice. Sure, the things it says are usually stupid but somehow I can never hate him as much as I should.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
TSN 1040 has stumbled onto something here. Replacing Bro Jake with Botchford in the morning, and then replacing Sekeres with JPat in the afternoon, makes the entire rotation infinitely more listenable. Pratt and Price are way better.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nothing in that morning lineup to get me intrigued. Maybe they realize how low the bar is set across the dial.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
To me personally this is a huge miss from SN. They obviously took nothing from TSN how brutal it is having a morning host who isn't an established, connected, informed host. Bro Jake has been a distaste of epic proportions and SN is rolling out the same hot garbage. They could have had Sat, Rick Ball, Rintoul, Dhaliwal etc.

All TSN has to do to wrap this thing up is replace Bro with someone who knows sports and that's who I'm tuning into.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Which one is a non-sports person? All three have an extensive sports background.

What? Steve Darling has was a morning news show anchor for 15 years before he became a politician in the last provincial election.

His extensive background must have come before that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad