Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Isn't television viewing for the Canucks down an astronomical amount?:shakehead

Id say cable tv subscriptions are down an astronomical amount. I wont buy gamecenter again until blackouts are gone as well. I watch the games in other ways with many others which dont count towards viewership

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
Good on you mods for opening this thread again. The Bro may have tried to shut us down, but the people must have a voice!

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
This year's Canucks for Kids telethon is gonna be downright embarrassing.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Rumors abounding about another round of blood-letting at Post Media in Vancouver sometime in January.....not sure what this might mean for the sports department, but having already combined the newspapers, I guess layoffs might be inevitable.....are we witnessing the death of print journalism?

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
Rumors abounding about another round of blood-letting at Post Media in Vancouver sometime in January.....not sure what this might mean for the sports department, but having already combined the newspapers, I guess layoffs might be inevitable.....are we witnessing the death of print journalism?

It's clear that they are trimming the fat - I mean how many long time sports journalists have "retired" in the past year? Papp, Gallagher, Cole.....I gaurantee in some of those cases they were approached and told it was time to go.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
It's clear that they are trimming the fat - I mean how many long time sports journalists have "retired" in the past year? Papp, Gallagher, Cole.....I gaurantee in some of those cases they were approached and told it was time to go.
Columnists are usually among the highest-paid staff at newspapers and that kind of content is available in tons of other places for free, so they're often the first to go. I wonder if this means I-Mac could be on the chopping block. I'm sure he's well compensated.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

We're witnessing the death of bloated media conglomerates with high overheads and hedge fund debt loads that compromise quality journalism in a rat race to generate some form of profit.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
may be, a new thread came up after the bro was on holiday:sarcasm:

In the last thread, someone voiced their displeasure with the Kurtenbloggers, and they, in response, tweeted a link to the thread. Maybe some other media members looked through it and had their feelings hurt?

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
In the last thread, someone voiced their displeasure with the Kurtenbloggers, and they, in response, tweeted a link to the thread. Maybe some other media members looked through it and had their feelings hurt?

If it's anyone, we know it's Abbott considering all the pull he has

megatron

Dec 11, 2016
The Bro Jake show has been a pleasure to listen the past week. I guess Jake and Pratt are on vacation. I dont know the names of the temp hosts but it was a pleasure to have some sports discussion with a bit of depth to it.
Didnt realize how much Pratt and Jake kept repeating discussion points until I listen to this new pair.
Very refreshing I hope they stick around.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
The Bro Jake show has been a pleasure to listen the past week. I guess Jake and Pratt are on vacation. I dont know the names of the temp hosts but it was a pleasure to have some sports discussion with a bit of depth to it.
Didnt realize how much Pratt and Jake kept repeating discussion points until I listen to this new pair.
Very refreshing I hope they stick around.

As I was reading your post My eyes literally widened and my heart started racing as I read "the Bro Jake show has been a pleasure to listen to the past week".

I couldn't believe it. Bro Jake is suck a joke/piece of trash. The show is complete garbage if it's supposed to be a sports show. I used to listen to the team averaging a solid 4 hours a day and now almost never turn it on. When I do it feels like listening to some old ahole you dont even like and you just roll your eyes and say ya ya and get the heck out of there. In no way have I ever been able to listen to them and gain anything positive with regards to anything.

Then I read the vacation part and it made complete sense.

Have to say too that in my limited time trying to listen to afternoon show - Bmac and Taylor just seem like they are coasting, and must be getting some perks from the canucks for being so stupidly kind towards the franchise and faithful towards management.

Too bad Ray Ferraro is doing so well (in the hockey commentating world) or he could run a show which would be awesome...

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
When it comes to Taylor, Bmac and Moj they are really bad together but when you split them up and put one of them with a co-host like JPat or Stu Walters they become listenable.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
When it comes to Taylor, Bmac and Moj they are really bad together but when you split them up and put one of them with a co-host like JPat or Stu Walters they become listenable.
So true; together they have a groupthink regarding Canucks management, to the point where any desenting viewpoint is almost belittled. JPat has no problem poking the beast, joshing about Willie's head-scratching decisions and throwing out alternate opinion. Donnie and BMac, less so the Moj, have no problem hearing and running with that discussion.
The 3-some should be busted up, but no doubt Paterson's tough questions likely rubbed management the wrong way...

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
I can't listen to anything but Sekeres and Price anymore. The morning show is lead by a couple of ******** and is simply unlistenable. The afternoon show is equally as bad now. How many times is Taylor going to read ad spots and break out laughing? The whole show is a series of inside jokes that are simply not funny. The producer comes across as a complete moron, but for some reason gets all kinds of airtime.

1040 is pretty much complete horse **** now.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Are Jeff Patterson and Brooke Ward back on the air at TSN 1040?....talk about survivors!....they've been let go more times than Billy Martin was fired by George Steinbrenner.

bobaloo88

Jun 7, 2014
Are Jeff Patterson and Brooke Ward back on the air at TSN 1040?....talk about survivors!....they've been let go more times than Billy Martin was fired by George Steinbrenner.

Yup - and they've been about a bazillion times better than anything the regular hosts on 1040 have dished up of late.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
I can't listen to anything but Sekeres and Price anymore. The morning show is lead by a couple of ******** and is simply unlistenable. The afternoon show is equally as bad now. How many times is Taylor going to read ad spots and break out laughing? The whole show is a series of inside jokes that are simply not funny. The producer comes across as a complete moron, but for some reason gets all kinds of airtime.

1040 is pretty much complete horse **** now.
The afternoon show is buddy comedy in radio :laugh:; somehow, the producer has attracted some corporate sponsorships.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014

Really like both of those guys. They did the postgame show on the 23rd I believe and it was great. Haven't heard a lot of Ward before but I hope he gets more air time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad