Vancouver Sports Media Thread. (Mod Thread Update Post 625)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Mike Johnson and Darren Pang :facepalm:

Cassie Campbell :facepalm:

and of course PJ Stock WOW :facepalm:

I miss TSN already. What a horrific lineup, punctuated by the prominent roles given to Stock and Healy.

John Shannon - awful

Doug MacLean - awful

Damien Cox - the absolute worst

Glenn Healy - awful

PJ Stock - unbelievably awful

Nick Kypreos - awful

You know it's bad when you see Mark Spector and are OK with it.
No Andi Petrillo? Boooooooooo!

:facepalm:

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver
i can't take the bro jake show any more.

just knowing it's on bothers me.

like, part of me wants to devote all my spare time to somehow taking that show down.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
Who is the most annoying person on 1040 and why is his name Matt Sekeres?

i didn't know it would be possible to be more irritating than bro jake but sekeres sure is trying his hardest- or maybe it just comes naturally

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
The Province sports department is not what it once was.the inagural basketball WORLD CUP is staring tommorow and there has not been one mention of this tournsment .

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
The Province sports department is not what it once was.the inagural basketball WORLD CUP is staring tommorow and there has not been one mention of this tournsment .

After two days of competition still no mention in the province , not even box scores.
Jonathan McDonald should be fired every major paper in Canada is following this tourney.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
I'm significantly hearing impaired. Lee, Stock, Cox, Healy, MacLean, Kypreos, and Campbell save me money. Out come my hearing aids, on go the captions. They're just as nonsensical in print, though, trust me.

John Bender*

One big win from that unveiling - no Mark Lee! Thank God.

Randorf and Romanuk are interesting additions to Hughson and Cole on the national side.

Randorf is horrendous. Terrible voice for PBP.

Romanuk? How is this guy still around?

At least no more Gord Miller. How they decided that guy had a PBP voice is beyond me.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Randorf is horrendous. Terrible voice for PBP.

Romanuk? How is this guy still around?

At least no more Gord Miller. How they decided that guy had a PBP voice is beyond me.

This just proves that this issue is completely subjective. I love Gord Miller as a PBP guy. He doesn't have a traditional PBP voice but he's nevertheless exciting.

skeena1

May 15, 2006
This just proves that this issue is completely subjective. I love Gord Miller as a PBP guy. He doesn't have a traditional PBP voice but he's nevertheless exciting.

Nor does Chris Cuthbert but he's as good as there is. What is a "traditional play by play voice" anyway? Compare all the great announcers from Foster Hewitt on - very little similar in terms of their voice. I'll take player recognition and tempo any day over whatever "traditional" means.

Last edited:

John Bender*

Nor does Chris Cuthbert he's he's as good as there is. What is a "traditional play by play voice" anyway? Compare all the great announcers from Foster Hewitt on - very little similar in terms of their voice. I'll take player recognition and tempo any day over whatever "traditional" means.

Curthbert has a great pbp voice. Millers voice is horrid, most notably when a goal is scored or something exciting happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad