Vancouver led the league in points at Christmas, Can they continue this run into the New Year?

olafsson

Jun 18, 2017
Good teams sandbag all the time, TB was notorious for it. If they are unsure that their best player is going to be ready to go for the start of round 1 then they’d likely want to avoid a first round match up against the best 5v5 team in the league with two of the best players in the world. The team that Marchessault and Cassidy both said was their toughest matchup last year.

Vegas is perfectly fine being a wildcard and the team they’ve been the last 2-3 months is not an accurate representation of that team.

So you think Vegas is a bottom 10 team in the league as the record you’ve pointed out suggests?

You guys are going to be a nice little warm up for Vegas in round 1.
Speaking of a warmup team,. Edmonton doesn’t exactly have a stellar track record in the playoffs. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see them out in the first round again with that shoddy D and G

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
That's not how players and teams work.

They take the ice at the start of each game with the intent of winning the game. There's no manoeuvring or jockeying for position, except maybe when it comes to tanking for a number one draft pick.

There is no one in coaching or management advising the players on what they need to do to get this or that playoff position. No one is saying, "Lay back and lose this one, boys." You're suggesting that Vegas is not currently playing to their full potential because of the current standings, and that runs contrary to the mindset of every professional athlete who's worth a damn. I'm guessing you've never been one of them and you've never thrown your heart and soul into the game you love and competed to win each and every night.

In my opinion your opinion is a result of being offended at the Canucks' current success, and not any sensible theory.
I didn’t say they are picking and choosing which games to win and lose. What I’m saying is that all teams are guilty of inconsistent efforts, whether they start out the season slow, or they get complacent or lazy, or distracted on road trips. Good, veteran teams play rope a dope all the time because they have the ability to raise their level and can put a halt to inconsistent streaks when they have to, so they can afford to give themselves some breathing room throughout a year. Vegas hasn’t killed themselves trying to win every hockey game because in the leagues current seeding system often times you can benefit from an easier path being in the mushy middle. Vegas doesn’t want to go through the Central, so it’s going to be Vancouver or Edmonton and I’m sure they’d rather not face Mcdavid round 1 especially if Stone isn’t going to be ready to go.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Speaking of a warmup team,. Edmonton doesn’t exactly have a stellar track record in the playoffs. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see them out in the first round again with that shoddy D and G
Shoddy D and G that’s given up a whopping 2 more goals on the season than the powerhouse D and G of the Vancouver Canucks even after an absolutely pathetic start to the season for the Oilers.

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
If Vegas is as good as everyone says anyone in the west has to go through them eventually, might as well do it in the first round

yeah, you caught the oilers at a bad time, congrats.

Too bad the season series doesn’t mean much when the playoffs start
Did they catch them at a bad time or did they make them mental boom into a cold streak?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If Vegas is as good as everyone says anyone in the west has to go through them eventually, might as well do it in the first round

Did they catch them at a bad time or did they make them mental boom into a cold streak?
Maybe a bit of both, but since the oilers coaching change the oilers are the top team in the nhl and Canucks are up there also, would be a good series

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad