Proposal: Vancouver Canucks-Winnipeg Jets

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Sweet irony that you used a facepalm emoticon given the content you posted.

Horvat isnt an "average 2 C". Hes a Great 1B level center. Try watching him play games before you make a fool of yourself even further.

'Great 1B center' is a dumb term that is overused around here, it basically sounds like very good 2C (on most NHL teams), which I'd say is correct right now. That being said he's a very good 2C that is big, on a very reasonable deal and is still tracking up. I wouldn't be surprised to see him cement himself as a solid top line center this season and would be mildly shocked if he doesn't by the end of next season, but calling him one already seems like jumping the gun a bit.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Does the name Jack Hughes mean anything to you? The Jets would be severely increasing their chances at getting Hughes if they made this trade. Lets use some common sense guys.

Do the Ottawa Senators mean anything to you? Or, more accurately, the Colorado Avalanche?

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
FYI Canucks fans Winnipeg hasn't been your farm team since the Thrashers became the Jets & we reclaimed the Moose & their staff.
It seems to coincide with the last time Vancouver was a good team & made it past the 1st round. :nod:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Theres about a 90% chance that pick will be top 3 and becomes better than Trouba. Your a rebuilding team. Shut up, tank, and get the better younger player.

Reactions: Sayonara77

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Theres about a 90% chance that pick will be top 3 and becomes better than Trouba. Your a rebuilding team. Shut up, tank, and get the better younger player.
I don't disagree that they should keep their picks but I'm pretty sure if you listed the last ten years of top 3 picks, 90% wouldn't be better than Trouba

Reactions: Spazkat and Snowman

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
'Great 1B center' is a dumb term that is overused around here, it basically sounds like very good 2C (on most NHL teams), which I'd say is correct right now. That being said he's a very good 2C that is big, on a very reasonable deal and is still tracking up. I wouldn't be surprised to see him cement himself as a solid top line center this season and would be mildly shocked if he doesn't by the end of next season, but calling him one already seems like jumping the gun a bit.

It's not a "dumb" term, nor is it "overused". Get over it. Might as well say "number one center" is overr-used while you're at it. Horvat has shown he's capable of driving the play for a top line against top pairing D this past season but just isn't consistent enough so he's a 1B, similar to what Krejci was in 2011.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Please stop putting the Canucks 2019 1st in offers. There is no way they deal it. Absolutely zero chance. The Canucks want a chance at Hughes and have another brother combo.

Do people also forget that Vancouver hosts the draft next year. Not a good look to host the draft and trade your top pick
This right here is why any Vancouver proposal that includes their 1st should be locked up immediately. There's just no way they are trading that pick.

VancouverCanucks36

Jul 12, 2018
Vancouver, BC
As a long time Canucks fan, would love a d-man like Jacob Trouba. I'm not sure why Winnipeg would take that chance on Jack Hughes, a very small probability. Great trade idea, though. 78Oil, very good idea for Canucks to keep their pick, could be top 3!!!

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
As a long time Canucks fan, would love a d-man like Jacob Trouba. I'm not sure why Winnipeg would take that chance on Jack Hughes, a very small probability. Great trade idea, though. 78Oil, very good idea for Canucks to keep their pick, could be top 3!!!

You just joined hf and made your first post to say what a great trade idea this is. Hmmmmm

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Benning hasn't traded a first round pick since he joined the Canucks. I don't think he is going to start now especially with the draft in Van next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad