Proposal: Vancouver Canucks-Winnipeg Jets

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Vancouver Canucks-Winnipeg Jets

To Winnipeg: Chris Tanev + 2019 1st

To Vancouver: Jacob Trouba.

Canucks get younger and add another long term core member to their defense.

The Jets get a possible shot at drafting Jack Hughes, while getting a low cost effective veteran in Chris Tanev. If Tanev can stay healthy when it matters most (playoff time), this could pay huge dividends for the Jets.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
You’re not getting top pairing or top line players for an injury prone Tanev.

Does the name Jack Hughes mean anything to you? The Jets would be severely increasing their chances at getting Hughes if they made this trade. Lets use some common sense guys.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
You’re not getting top pairing or top line players for an injury prone Tanev.

Perhaps you missed the 2019 1st? Likely to have great odds at Jack Hughes. Guessing your Canuck/Tanev hate has blinded you to the entire proposal. just see Tanev and your HFHivemind starts buzzing. Details be damned!

And no thank you. Would rather keep the 2019 1st unless it is lottery protected.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Does the name Jack Hughes mean anything to you? The Jets would be severely increasing their chances at getting Hughes if they made this trade. Lets use some common sense guys.
That's a 1 in 5 shot at best.

Trouba helps us significantly more next year than Tanev ever would. I'd be inclined to say no even if the pick was unprotected.

Pettersson or Horvat would help a lot more than Tanev and a pick.

Reactions: jetsforever

member 147413

Jets want to win, they don’t want to trade for magic beans while making their team less competitive now.

There are a couple teams worse than Vancouver as well.

member 147413

Perhaps you missed the 2019 1st? Likely to have great odds at Jack Hughes. Guessing your Canuck/Tanev hate has blinded you to the entire proposal. just see Tanev and your HFHivemind starts buzzing. Details be damned!

And no thank you. Would rather keep the 2019 1st unless it is lottery protected.
No, Tanev is a good player that doesn’t play enough hockey games.

The Jets are a very competitive young hockey team that get worse by swapping Tanev for Trouba, they get older as well.

There’s no guarantee that 1st is a Top 5 pick because there are teams a lot worse than Vancouver who should be adding a few top notch prospects to their roster this year.

Why would the Jet make their top team worse now to POTENTIALLY get better in the future when they’re a contender now.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
So many issues with this proposal. The main ones being:

1. Trouba wouldn't want to re-sign on a bottom feeder team like Vancouver.
2. That 2019 1st rounder would be top 10.
3. Why would Winnipeg replace Trouba with Tanev when Trouba is 4 years younger and Winnipeg will be a contender for many years to come?

Your proposals never take into account team needs.

Reactions: WPGNYRFan

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
No, Tanev is a good player that doesn’t play enough hockey games.

The Jets are a very competitive young hockey team that get worse by swapping Tanev for Trouba, they get older as well.

There’s no guarantee that 1st is a Top 5 pick because there are teams a lot worse than Vancouver who should be adding a few top notch prospects to their roster this year.

Why would the Jet make their top team worse now to POTENTIALLY get better in the future when they’re a contender now.

I am not advocating for this trade to be made. I think it is a bad trade all around. I was replying to the guy who seemed to miss the most valuable piece coming from Vancouver. The 2019 1st. Instead he jumped on the Tanev is always injured and has little value train. Which is getting really bloody old.

As a side note. Trouba is also somewhat injury prone, is he not?

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'm curious do you not want Jack Hughes yourself on Canucks? After we add another top line forward in 2019 draft hopefully Hughes then we can start thinking about adding a Trouba caliber player in trade or UFA.

member 147413

I am not advocating for this trade to be made. I think it is a bad trade all around. I was replying to the guy who seemed to miss the most valuable piece coming from Vancouver. The 2019 1st. Instead he jumped on the Tanev is always injured and has little value train. Which is getting really bloody old.

As a side note. Trouba is also somewhat injury prone, is he not?
Tanev is being held onto because no team is giving up value, he’s not much of an asset to Vancouver because he’s missing 25% of the games on a bad team and he’s not being traded because Canucks management believe he’s worth more.

I’d agree Trouba is injury prone, but he’s also younger and bodies heal a little better when you’re younger.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009

The Jets get a possible shot at drafting Jack Hughes, while getting a low cost effective veteran in Chris Tanev. If Tanev can stay healthy when it matters most (playoff time), this could pay huge dividends for the Jets.

Mate. I read all the proposals and each time I think WTF, I realize it is you again, who put it forward. You leave me completely shaking my head EVERY time. Please stop.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Trouba isn't the guy who you build your franchise around. Just take your chances with the lottery pick .

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Mate. I read all the proposals and each time I think WTF, I realize it is you again, who put it forward. You leave me completely shaking my head EVERY time. Please stop.
Maybe you should look at the name first before reading the proposals. Might eliminate your headache.

Reactions: bobbyb2009

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I would be more happy with this trade if Winnipeg flips Vancouver's first to the Leafs. Otherwise I am against it particularly because a chance with Tanev and more importantly a chance at Jack Hughes is good value for Trouba. Why does Winnipeg flip the pick? To bring his kids back to Toronto where Jim used to be director of player personal. Family values is important to Winnipeg.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018

Trading our first would be the stupidest move ever. Have you seen our line up. Please stop making terrible proposals.

PS: Every time I see Messier in a Canucks uniform I cringe.

Reactions: JayBeautiful

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
:laugh: Yeah fat chance of Trouba leaving a up and coming Winnipeg team for Vancouver. Besides if he leaves Winnipeg more then likely he's heading to the Eastern US.

I'd imagine he's trying to force his way into Detroit, Tampa or Florida. Those are the only ones that make sense from a personal life perspective. Anywhere West of those locations is probably not going to yield the team that trades for him any better results than what we are doing with him on the negotiation front. Probably just elect for Arbitration and walk in FA in that case as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad