Proposal: Vancouver Canucks-Winnipeg Jets

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Trading our first would be the stupidest move ever. Have you seen our line up. Please stop making terrible proposals.

PS: Every time I see Messier in a Canucks uniform I cringe.

With respect, my Trouba proposal is quite arguably the best proposal on the site so far as it is backed with fact, logic, and team needs. Please stop critcising something that you do not understand.

Reactions: Canucks1096

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
With respect, my Trouba proposal is quite arguably the best proposal on the site so far as it is backed with fact, logic, and team needs. Please stop critcising something that you do not understand.
If you think that it is a good proposal from the Canucks standpoint, I highly doubt you are a Canucks fan. Every proposal I have seen you post is ridiculous. Our first pick next year is likely to be another high end prospect why would we give that up for Trouba?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

There's just way to much "lottery" attached to it. I mean we could land Hughes. We could also draft 13th. Or you guys could still finish last and we could draft 4th. Big no from me if Tanev is the main piece attached here. If you want Trouba I want Horvat. That's it, that's all.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
So many issues with this proposal. The main ones being:

1. Trouba wouldn't want to re-sign on a bottom feeder team like Vancouver.
2. That 2019 1st rounder would be top 10.
3. Why would Winnipeg replace Trouba with Tanev when Trouba is 4 years younger and Winnipeg will be a contender for many years to come?

Your proposals never take into account team needs.

1. You get to lead the defence and the team should improve greatly over his term there.
2. They can protect it for top 3 or something. It would still be a very valuable chip, possibly for the Jets to go and acquire a star player at the deadline.
3. If Trouba won't sign for a reasonable amount </= $6.5m per, then you should trade him. He really isn't that good. He's basically a healthier, younger version of Tanev, with some offensive upside. Vancouver is at a place in their rebuild where it makes sense for them to overpay a player like Trouba, it would be foolish for Winnipeg given the better uses they have for their money.

If I'm saying no to this as the Jets, it's because of concerns that Tanev will get injured. It's not because I think there's much of a quality dropoff there.

If I'm Vancouver I would insist on using a set of second rounders instead of the 1st, too risky to use the 1st.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
1. You get to lead the defence and the team should improve greatly over his term there.
2. They can protect it for top 3 or something. It would still be a very valuable chip, possibly for the Jets to go and acquire a star player at the deadline.
3. If Trouba won't sign for a reasonable amount </= $6.5m per, then you should trade him. He really isn't that good. He's basically a healthier, younger version of Tanev, with some offensive upside. Vancouver is at a place in their rebuild where it makes sense for them to overpay a player like Trouba, it would be foolish for Winnipeg given the better uses they have for their money.

If I'm saying no to this as the Jets, it's because of concerns that Tanev will get injured. It's not because I think there's much of a quality dropoff there.

If I'm Vancouver I would insist on using a set of second rounders instead of the 1st, too risky to use the 1st.

I think you'd get a resounding no from virtually every single Jet fan on Tanev and a set of 2nd rounders.

Over the last two seasons.

Trouba 5v5 scoring rate per 60 minutes of ice time: 1.15
Tanev's 5v5 scoring rate per 60 minutes: 0.52

Trouba basically doubles and then some Tanev's offence and provides essentially as good if not better defence.

Trouba is the superior player here. We want Horvat or no deal. Which is likely a no from Nucks fans so there probably isn't a deal to be had here.

Reactions: WPGNYRFan

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Jets can keep the guy whose never scored more than 35 and asking for 7 or 8 mill.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Please stop putting the Canucks 2019 1st in offers. There is no way they deal it. Absolutely zero chance. The Canucks want a chance at Hughes and have another brother combo.

Do people also forget that Vancouver hosts the draft next year. Not a good look to host the draft and trade your top pick

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Lol. Vancouver would say yes so damn fast

No they wouldn't. It is a deal that makes zero sense for Vancouver.

Trouba is a great player and would make any team better but Vancouver is in no position to be dealing lottery picks at this time. It's just not a fit

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
That's a 1 in 5 shot at best.

Trouba helps us significantly more next year than Tanev ever would. I'd be inclined to say no even if the pick was unprotected.

Pettersson or Horvat would help a lot more than Tanev and a pick.

kek

Chris R

Feb 26, 2018
I thank the lucky stars certain people aren’t appointed GM of the Vancouver Canucks. I couldn’t imagine how awful the team would get. Keep the draft picks when the team isn’t doing well!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lol...Canucks are already being projected as a 30th place team, with only Ottawa ranked lower. Ottawa has already traded its 2019 first rounder to the Avs, and it isn't lottery protected. Now some posters are advocating that the Canucks should join them? They've already drafted Quinn Hughes and with a chance to draft his brother Jack, they should give that up for Trouba? Where do these ideas come from?

Reactions: THE Green Man

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
But guyzzz...we have a possible shot at Jack Hughes!!!

This is a silly thread.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
But guyzzz...we have a possible shot at Jack Hughes!!!

This is a silly thread.

Even if we don't get Jack Hughes in the draft we are still going to get a high end player if we finish low in the standings next year.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
As a Jets fan... Its Horvat plus and that plus better be one of hughes or juolevi..

Hughes or Juolevi?

One of those is worth a lot more than the other. But you're out of your mind if you think Trouba is worth Horvat and Hughes. I'd say Horvat for Trouba is fair value, but I'm sure neither team would do it.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Hughes or Juolevi?

One of those is worth a lot more than the other. But you're out of your mind if you think Trouba is worth Horvat and Hughes. I'd say Horvat for Trouba is fair value, but I'm sure neither team would do it.

We are already thin at centre. Why on earth would we trade our best centre for a dman?

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Hughes or Juolevi?

You'd be wrong about the value. Horvat on his own would not be good enough to get Trouba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad