Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | 7:00PM PST | SNET

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
Asked JR if he is thinking of being buyers at the TDL after tonights loss......

Happy to hear his reply of.....

wontdothat-love.gif

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
That sums it up nicely.

Hughes has been incredible. MVP of the team right now for sure, IMO.

Two straight excellent efforts in terrible circumstances. Have to admire the effort.

The only weakness is his shot now. It wouldn't surprise me if he improves that eventually either. He seems to be like Crosby and work on his weaknesses.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
1st goal I wonder if you have a Demko who's 4" taller gets a piece of it on his shoulder or not hard to say, 2nd goal can't blame the goalie at all, 3rd goal needs to be saved.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Didn’t torts or crow pulled goalie like at the 10 min mark

Roy was one of the first coaches that started the pulling the goalie early trend

I think he pulled the goalie at the 12 min mark once

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I feel like this is the universe's way of evening out all the games we have won because of goaltending over the years.

What a change. Now instead of even when we lose games, we still deserve to win them. Instead of when even when we games we didn't deserve to win. Believe in Bruce.

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I thought the Blues were punished enough with a Binnington 6MM x 6 year extension but here they are pulling a better goalie out of their asses (one who is a UFA at years' end)
Would you rather have Binnington or Mike Smith in a do or die game?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
i know they're trying to help Podkolzin in his own zone by playing LW but i would really like to see him go back to his natural position on RW

Reactions: Indiana

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Excellent effort under the circumstances, I thought. Last goal Mikey D let in I thought was weak, but then we've all been spoiled with such a run of excellent goaltending over the last decade it seems mean-spirited to complain about it.

Reffing I thought was pretty generous to us.

Games like this you really see the difference that coach Bruce brings...half an AHL lineup, and outshot a legit contender two to one.

Hughes easily the team MVP. Should be in the conversation for the Hart if the team actually goes somewhere this season...I mean, it won't, but y'know.

It really shows the toxicity of the team culture over Benning's reign of error to see Pettersson and Boeser's play slowly being ground down to nothing. When both players were rookies, it was scary how much better they were than anyone else on the team. They've both got progressively worse since then, and it's awful to see. You just hope they're recoverable.

Don't post much in the PGTs anymore, but I do still watch the games. It's nice to tune in without having the grim spectre of certain doom hanging out in the manager's box anymore.

Godkolzin

Oct 19, 2021
Boeser is trending towards complimentary piece and isn’t acore play driver. Doesn’t deserve a raise and he does need to be traded honestly.

Nice to see some fans coming around. I got roasted a couple months ago for suggesting we should keep Miller over Boeser. He's just not making anything happen when he isnt gifted room to shoot. One dimensional player. Still better than Pete this year though

Reactions: IDJOTBOY

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Got to blame goaltending and Covid for this loss. St Louis had very good goal tending and we didn't.

Good

Motte - at this point Motte >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Boeser. Another real good game

Highmore - too bad we don't have Miller, Demko , etc playing since we are wasting some excellent work out of the 4th line. Have to hope when everyone is back they can continue with this caliber of play. Highmore was givin it all game.

Hughes - special player who is fulfilling the promise of being a one man break out. Most dangerous offensive player

Burroughs - real solid game. Showing more speed and moxie as the season goes on as well as bringing some snarl Maybe they have found something here. Would never had said this early in the season but looking like a competent (though lower tier) d-man at this level. Great development if he can establish himself as a bona fide NHL player

Poor

Depeitro - not only the weak goals but also he was leaving tons of net open. Looked very small and totally reactive - not attacking the puck. Lots of holes in his game and overall, considering his suspect play in Abby, is having a bad season.

Boeser - looked clumsy. Took lots of shots but did little with the chances he had. Puck movement and puck handling stank badly. Have to question whether he has the wheels to ever be much. Might have flurry of goals now and then but his overall play is barely NHL standard. Seriously need to consider moving him or just let him go if it comes down to having to offer a new contract.

Others

Pettersson - defensive play was good but still not smooth enough with the puck offensively. Seems to have lost a step in terms of break away speed.

Poolman - is looking better and moving the puck up fairly well. Continues to struggle with play around the net because of awkward skating but moving straight ahead he is better. Also, he is moving much better to support the play and shorten up the distance between himself and the forwards which is an important step up from his play earlier in the season

Bailey - forces the play too much and difficulty reading the situation in every zone. Back to Abby as ASAP

Dickinson - seems like he a has zero offensive talent. Has been involved more in the play lately but very marginal player.

OEL - one of his better games of late but you would sure like him to produce more offense from the back end.

Hoglander - very strong first period and unlucky not to have scored. Faded as the game went on. His lack of finish at the moment reflective of the play of many of the forwards

All star game and change in Covid policy can't come quick enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad