Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | 7:00PM PST | SNET

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
This just keeps reminding me how some “you” thought it would be fine to trade halak and live with what we have as a back up. Think we still live in a Covid world and that’s a huge risk. We are now opening the door to our 5th string or even a Zamboni driver. Fair to say you need some depth at this position.

It’s fine when you are bottom feeding like us.

The way I see it is, if you are bad it doesn’t matter. Back up goalie just needs to be serviceable. Don’t need to win really.

If you are good , you are fine with going say Vasilevsky and brian Elliot . Or jarry and domingue etc. like Tampa and pens are doing just fine with low priced league min back ups.

If we were legit no halak is fine and if we suck no halak is fine. Don’t buy into the dim philosophy. He’s thankfully gone.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
How can the NHL postpone games last month with a handful of guys out.
Meanwhile we have top 3 forwards out, on our 5th goalie and have no assistant coaches but the game will go on. What a joke.

Reactions: peatmoss

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Its looking like almost all the goaltenders are having issues relating to covid..Personally, I think they should just cancel the game, its a disservice to the paying customer...a mockery, at a certain point.

Panthers were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights on a B2B..Not so with the Blues, they steamrolled the Kraken on Friday, and this game should be an easy lay up.

Reactions: canucksfan

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Its looking like almost all the goaltenders are having issues relating to covid..Personally, I think they should just cancel the game, its a disservice to the paying customer...a mockery, at a certain point.

Panthers were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights on a B2B..Not so with the Blues, they steamrolled the Kraken on Friday, and this game should be an easy lay up.

If they don't win by 5 I will completely disregard them as a cup contender.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
This might be a must watch if only for the pathetic comedy factor.

Not cancelling games under these kinds of circumstances is strange, but I guess for the NHL, the (clown)show must go on.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
This might be a must watch if only for the pathetic comedy factor.

Not cancelling games under these kinds of circumstances is strange, but I guess for the NHL, the (clown)show must go on.

The Canucks might have had a leg to stand on if they hadn't postponed games with a fully healthy roster for financial reasons.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Screenshot_20220123-114119_Twitter.jpg

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
As long as the league is still testing asymptomatic players they deserve messes like this.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The reason the last two games haven’t postponed is because the owner chose to postpone games when the roster was healthy but capacity was at 50% and the NHL is basically saying “you got greedy”.

Reactions: MS

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Poor DiPietro has had two career appearances, both in blowouts / lousy circumstances.

Hope the team can dig deep again to give him some defensive support.

On the plus side, his salary in the AHL is just $70,000 and he's probably made at least like $30,000 for whatever amount of time he's been on the NHL roster. I don't know how the Taxi squad thing works, but hey. That's a decent New Year's bonus.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Chris Levesque should reach out to Toth with some words of encouragement and some advice.

"No matter how itchy your nose gets, do not scratch it. Resist the urge. That camera will be on you non stop and you don't want to look like you're picking your nose on tv."

"Also bring lots of gum."

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Husso starting for the Blues. That Binnington extension is looking very bad and this is the first season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad