GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Montreal Canadiens 11/2/16 7:30pm EST SN (HD), RDS (HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Willie has decided to throw Tryamkin into his first game of the season and pair him with Sbisa. If your coach has even an ounce of intelligence you guys will exploit that pairing all night an pick up an easy W.

On that note, why the hell is Sbisa even still in the NHL. I'd rather have Jordan Subban or even freakin' Chad Billins before Sbisa.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I think this team is due for a losing a game it played like ****, but I'm just not sure the Canucks is that team we'll lose to, and I'm not sure we'll play like **** either.

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I think this team is due for a losing a game it played like ****, but I'm just not sure the Canucks is that team we'll lose to, and I'm not sure we'll play like **** either.

If the Habs don't lose tonight I expect a loss during the back to back games later this week. Like you said we are due for soon.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If the Habs don't lose tonight I expect a loss during the back to back games later this week. Like you said we are due for soon.

I suspect a loss against Columbus for a myriad of reasons.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
We actually haven't really been playing all that well. We were either trailing or tied in the 3rd period in each of the last 4 games and got bailed out by PP goals and had to rely on Price to steal some of those games too.

Everyone talks about Plek's offensive production, but Pacioretty really needs to get going...Or is this the new normal for him? Seems like he's about to fall off a cliff :/

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Everyone talks about Plek's offensive production, but Pacioretty really needs to get going...Or is this the new normal for him? Seems like he's about to fall off a cliff :/

Pacioretty is very streaky. He'll go games without doing a single thing and then produce like a mad-man for the next few games. He's been like that for as long as I can remember.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
We actually haven't really been playing all that well. We were either trailing or tied in the 3rd period in each of the last 4 games and got bailed out by PP goals and had to rely on Price to steal some of those games too.

...Hu ?
7 points in 9 games in basically within the margin of error for Pacioretty, plus his SH% has never been as low as it is right now.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015

It's early. As an example of that, he is currently on pace to score 18 goals - not good. If he scores one goal tonight, then he's on pace to score 25 goals. Two goals tonight and he's on pace for 33.
Better to start to worry after 20 games - the picture is much clearer then.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Obviously the Habs will lose at some point but not tonight. No way with the way Price is playing that they lose on home ice tonight.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Obviously the Habs will lose at some point but not tonight. No way with the way Price is playing that they lose on home ice tonight.

It's possible for them to lose but I think its very unlikely against the Canuckleheads.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I'm going to the game tonight, not a great record when I'm in attendance 1-4-1, hope I don't jinx the Canadiens and that they make the Canucks pull their goalie.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I'm going to the game tonight, not a great record when I'm in attendance 1-4-1, hope I don't jinx the Canadiens and that they make the Canucks pull their goalie.

Let's hope you repeat the 1-x-1 portion of your record. :nod:

Newhabfan

Sep 3, 2008
Montreal
Can you imagine if Plek, Chuckie, Pac, DD, Shaw, Lehkonen, Markov all had 2-3 more goals and 2-3 more points, as is expectend of them (instead of the slump they're in according to posters) - how many goals would this Habs team have ?

We would probably be in the top 6 teams in scoring in the league. Oh wait, we already are....

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I've got a pretty weird superstition about this game:

Last year, the Habs started out 9-0-0 without a regulation loss, with their 10th game being against Vancouver. I had watched all 9 games during the winning streak, but the first game that I didn't watch (which was game #10), they lost. This year, they're 8-0-1 and without a regulation loss. I've watched all 9 games so far this year, but I may not be able to watch tonight's game because I've got a class. Now, last year, when I missed game #10 agains Vancouver, they lost..this year, I'm afraid that me missing the game will end the winning streak for the 2nd year in a row.... Thoughts haha??

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003

Last year, the Habs started out 9-0-0 without a regulation loss, with their 10th game being against Vancouver. I had watched all 9 games during the winning streak, but the first game that I didn't watch (which was game #10), they lost. This year, they're 8-0-1 and without a regulation loss. I've watched all 9 games so far this year, but I may not be able to watch tonight's game because I've got a class. Now, last year, when I missed game #10 agains Vancouver, they lost..this year, I'm afraid that me missing the game will end the winning streak for the 2nd year in a row.... Thoughts haha??

Uh, skip your class? Is it really that big of a deal to skip one lecture?

mechantmardi

Apr 15, 2010
Montreal

someone get this man a stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad