GDT: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild 3/10/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
At the very least, it's 100x better to have the problem of trying to fit players in than the one we had last year of "Warren Peters is the first line center. If he gets hurt, who is left in Houston?"

Very true.

"Well there goes our fourth goaltender. Who is that beer leaguer we have that takes shot with us every other Friday?"

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
There could be a difference between nobody wanting him, and nobody wanting him for what we are asking for.

Why not just put him with our 4th rounder and try to get another 2nd? Or one of our 3rds? I think there are some available options, it just depends on how bad we really would like to be rid of him.

Remember before the year about how good he was looking? Those were fun times.

That might be the best option we have to get rid of him and get something of value in return. He really doesn't fit anywhere on the team now and I'd say there's a 99.8% chance he won't be re-signed here. The kids need the spot and so far have done better than PMB this season. Do you have any teams in mind that would be looking for a top 6 winger of PMB's caliber?

has mikko ever been in a fight?

Aside from the one AHL fight there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX7pqYf2YK4

He couldn't let Artyukhin beat up his BFF Tuomo Ruutu (whose hit broke another Russian's nose). Artyukhin doesn't even take off his helmet but keeps on beating up everything that moves. I think he did a favor to team Finland, though. They were totally united against a common enemy after this.:laugh:

Last edited:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
That might be the best option we have to get rid of him and get something of value in return. He really doesn't fit anywhere on the team now and I'd say there's a 99.8% chance he won't be re-signed here. The kids need the spot and so far have done better than PMB this season. Do you have any teams in mind that would be looking for a top 6 winger of PMB's caliber?

He couldn't let Artyukhin beat up his BFF Tuomo Ruutu (whose hit broke another Russian's nose). Artyukhin doesn't even take off his helmet but keeps on beating up everything that moves. I think he made a favor to team Finland, though. They were totally united against a common enemy after this.:laugh:

Ooh how epic it would be to get Tuomo to play with this Wild team... *dreamy*

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
Too bad I couldn't see the game, but I'm so happy we beat the Canucks.

How was Mikko? Was he back in form after that lousy Nashville game?

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
One of the more enjoyable games I've been at in a while. And not the 'Look at how awful Eddy is' - enjoyable either. Just an entertaining game to watch that the home team pulled out.

Brodin is just plain good right now. Scary to think what he'll be like when he gets a few years on him.

Zucker. :nod:

Sounds game from Coyle too. Hope he starts showing more in the offensive zone as the year goes on.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
We play like we did last night all the time, we can beat anyone. :)

I am shocked over how much time we had in our offensive end to set up and at times it wasn't even on the power play! Speaking of our PP, even that was working too.

What a great position we are in right now. I glanced at our schedule about a week ago and honestly thought we very easily could have lost to Nashville, Vancouver and Anaheim. Well, I was wrong... 2/2 so far, now in first place and going for 3/3! :)

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Pitbull reminding me to keep the party going before the re run of the game, Dali.

220px-Salvador_Dali_NYWTS.jpg

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
pitbull-bud-light-o.gif

I'll tell you what. It is not often one shift in a game particularly gets me going. Latendresse tying goal in the epic comeback against Chicago is one that comes to mind.
Tonight, however, I was absolutely fired up, high fiving and fist pumping at the Wild game after watching that Charlie Coyle shift on Parise's 2nd goal. Stunning, inspiring, everything that personifies the Wild's effort in general tonight, and enough can't be said about the work Prosser and Falk did together against the tough Sedin sisters as well.

I was wrong, I thought starting Backstrom was a huge mistake but that is why I am glad I am not the coach. I am so fired up tonight that I certainly hope this energy carries me through a LONG day at work tomorrow. :D

Lol! That was the shortest shift ever too! Lats comes off the bench and is like "hey the pucks on my stick guess I'll shoot" boom goal. :D

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

He couldn't let Artyukhin beat up his BFF Tuomo Ruutu (whose hit broke another Russian's nose). Artyukhin doesn't even take off his helmet but keeps on beating up everything that moves. I think he did a favor to team Finland, though. They were totally united against a common enemy after this.:laugh:

Russo stated in one of his blogs that it's almost a given PMB won't be back. Unfortunate really....before the concussions he had such potential.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Russo stated in one of his blogs that it's almost a given PMB won't be back. Unfortunate really....before the concussions he had such potential.

Wow, did he really? I have to check.

What will we do with PMB? I wonder if we can get anything for him.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Trade for a mid-level D-prospect or a pick.

That sounds good for sure.

We have to get something. Our luck he will move on and go flourish somewhere else. Oh well, he had the concussion issue and has been given chance after chance here since then and he hasn't produced.

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
YES! A WIN!

It feels like..
We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day...
Michael Jackson / Lionel Richie
..again!

Don't. Stop. The. Party. Dalé!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad