GDT: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild 3/10/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
:biglaugh:

I can't imagine the very conserved backs was super happy about that.

i think it happens literally every time Backs wins a game and Konopka is playing.
i'm sure he's used to it by now...if one can get used to being picked up and hugged by a guy like ZK.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Still loling at the people who were saying how awful Suter is and how we're gonna really regret that contract 5 games into this season.

what's sad/funny is there were quite a few people on here who actually seemed to regret that contract 5 games into the season.

long view, people. takes time to mesh. nothing is set, of course, but everything but the PP is trending up from the beginning of the year.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Still loling at the people who were saying how awful Suter is and how we're gonna really regret that contract 5 games into this season.
He was struggling for quite a while, until Brodin came into the picture. Of course, it was natural for Suter to have some growing pains considering all the changes he had to experience.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Why's that? Please elaborate.

Sure, he takes some stupid penalties sometimes but overall, he's done a good job considering his role.

With the double negative, I'm thinking he meant to say he IS satisfied with the ZK signing.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I have no problem with that. I guess I am just in the minority of opinion that Granlund is better off up here even if it means lesser minutes and being scratched at times.

Personally I have no clue what would be better for him. So I guess that means...well I dont know. I'm just going to trust Fletcher/Yeo/and co.

Piffles

Jul 4, 2012
Personally I have no clue what would be better for him. So I guess that means...well I dont know. I'm just going to trust Fletcher/Yeo/and co.

But.... but... fire Yeo? :laugh:

He needs ice time. In this shortened season I don't know if he's getting enough practice ice time in to warrant staying up if he'll be scratched. I also don't know where he fits on this roster with the way the top 6 is playing right now.

Tavo

May 12, 2012
Congrats on the division lead, it's literally yours to lose as of today :handclap: good read, looking forward to seeing the new wild in a few weeks.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah buddy!

hug_zpse9b806bf.gif

Backstrom looking very similar to a cat in that gif.

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota
I re-watched that Ballard hit on Coyle.

I look and see Stoner leaning over the bench and yells "Nice ****ing hit Ballard, you ****ing little *****."

Go back and watch that Wild broadcast around the 7:56 left in the 1st period.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
My gosh we made the top story on tsn.com.

pitbull-bud-light-o.gif

I'll tell you what. It is not often one shift in a game particularly gets me going. Latendresse tying goal in the epic comeback against Chicago is one that comes to mind.

Tonight, however, I was absolutely fired up, high fiving and fist pumping at the Wild game after watching that Charlie Coyle shift on Parise's 2nd goal. Stunning, inspiring, everything that personifies the Wild's effort in general tonight, and enough can't be said about the work Prosser and Falk did together against the tough Sedin sisters as well.

I was wrong, I thought starting Backstrom was a huge mistake but that is why I am glad I am not the coach. I am so fired up tonight that I certainly hope this energy carries me through a LONG day at work tomorrow. :D

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
2nd best game I've been at this season by far.

Chicago still tops it for the entire tilt, but this was by far the best first period of hockey I've seen at the X.

Goals, fights and Mikko Koivu calling Burrows a "****ing *****", absolutely top notch stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad