Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Canucks felled by Seattle Kraken | 1-6 | Garland

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I've been slowly trying to grind down my wife to move to Alberta. Her friends moved to Calgary and some to Cranbrook. I don't want to either, but the market here is a f***ing catastrophe and in my line of work they'd pay me better in AB anyway.
I first brought up the topic to my wife about 2.5 years ago and now we’re finally moving this year. The fact that your wife has friends there is huge though.

And I felt the same, didn’t really want to move but felt that we were stuck in a certain stage of life when we were ready to move to the next stage if that makes sense.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Do yourself a favor and add Calgary to your list of locations on your weather app. That alone makes me never want to move there let alone it being a frozen wasteland.

• Haha
Reactions: Love

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Do yourself a favor and add Calgary to your list of locations on your weather app. That alone makes me never want to move there let alone it being a frozen wasteland.

???

It was 8 celcius today and will be 6 celcius tomorrow. You get cold days but you also get periods where it can really warm up with the nice chinook winds. I also been in -20 celcius weather there and it's not bad with the dry air.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I've been there for work before on multiple occasions over the past 18 months and have cousins there, it's not that bad. It's about as much as I can tolerate though so that's where I'd draw the line.

The mosquitos during summer are brutal though.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

I lived there between 2006 and early 2010, my parents were still working there and got a house while I went to school there.

Parents now retired, sold the house and moved back to Winnipeg. I moved to Vancouver in 2010 and never looked back.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
When, or lose, whatever, I just want to see a fun game, and the Canucks actually nail the trade deadline for once

Reactions: Kreator

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Ok they beat the last place team yesterday whoop de doo, did anything happen to Domi for that cross check he gave Joshua when he scored? Like did the league fine him or anything? Looked pretty dirty.

Definitely expect Kraken to win this one, they're not a last place team, and heck I went with the Kraken to win in my first round of survivor 2, so they better win :laugh:

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
That felt like the longest rendition of the star spangled banner ever.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Dakota Joshua is really good at keeping possessions alive especially around the boards

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I lived in Alberta. The issue was the people, which forced my family to move here at a young age. Now, Calgary and parts of Edmonton have really improved. Small town Alberta still sucks.

Vancouver is becoming a playground for the rich, while also seeing more mentally ill and addicted people forced into the streets. More wealth and development, yet less jobs and resources to handle the vulnerable. Then you have public spaces being overcrowded. Campsites and hiking trails turning into villages during the summer. The livability factor really sucks now....and I could go on but this is off-topic.

Brock Boeser.
It’s like this in almost every big modern city in NA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad