Delia

Kraken Line-Up:

TBD

Jones
Why is you having delia starting sire? Its back to back

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Time to move to scenic Hope, home of Rambo: First Blood and the Othello tunnels... and a long ass drive towork downtown.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
The success of the Kraken and Golden Knights make you wonder why they league didn't set up previous expansion teams to at least be a little less shitty. I suppose they have to do so presently because that the expansion fee is so high, but the previous 3-4 expansions mostly created teams that were awful in their first two or more seasons. Was there a business case for this?

Time to move to scenic Hope, home of Rambo: First Blood and the Othello tunnels... and a long ass drive towork downtown.
The last time I was in Hope ordinary ranchers 40+ years old were going for 700-800k and the bush road heading south into the mountains was filled with unhoused people in tents and old RVs.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
1674679046493.png

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Interesting that Seattle has had the 6th-worst goaltending in the league with a brutal save percentage of 89% and is 10th in the league by point % despite that.

But goaltending.
They are shooting at a ridiculous clip tho...

I think we win this one too.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
After playing a squad last night, that was unashamedly constructed to tank..The Canucks face a legit squad (finally) in the Kraken tonight.

They've never beaten us, but we could be ripe for the picking tonight (especially if Spencer Martin is between the pipes), as were on the second game of a b2b.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Should be a very interesting game tonight - more of a test than last night. It's a back-to-back, Seattle is playing decent, and Martin will likely be in goal for us.

Tryforthekingdom

Nov 15, 2015
The success of the Kraken and Golden Knights make you wonder why they league didn't set up previous expansion teams to at least be a little less shitty. I suppose they have to do so presently because that the expansion fee is so high, but the previous 3-4 expansions mostly created teams that were awful in their first two or more seasons. Was there a business case for this?
I'd wager it's almost entirely the result of these being the first two expansion franchises of the cap era. Just being able to come in with a blank slate and no bad contracts is a big advantage on a lot of teams in the league.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
seattle are banged up but here's my best guess at their lineup:

tanev - beniers - eberle
donato - wennberg - mccann
tolvanen - gourde - bjorkstrand
hayden - geekie - sprong

dunn - larsson
oleksiak - borgen
soucy - fleury

jones
grubauer

both gourde and wennberg are questionable for tonite but both took the morning skate. if one or both can't play donato probably slides over to center and seattle plays down a player. seattle's scoring leader burakovsky is almost certainly not ready to go tonite

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
leftwinglock projects it to be Martin, but nothing confirmed.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Interesting that Seattle has had the 6th-worst goaltending in the league with a brutal save percentage of 89% and is 10th in the league by point % despite that.

But goaltending.
Exactly. Some Canuck fans have been using goaltending as an excuse for this pitiful year ever since Demko went down.

But the Kraken are proving that with a strong defensive system in place, you can survive almost any goaltender--even Martin Jones.. So the Canucks shouldn't be this bad with Delia and Martin between the pipes. Look a what the Leafs are doing with reclamation projects Samsonov and Murray between the pipes.

The loss of Demko shouldn't have derailed the entire year.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Exactly. Some Canuck fans have been using goaltending as an excuse for this pitiful year ever since Demko went down.

But the Kraken are proving that with a strong defensive system in place, you can survive almost any goaltender--even Martin Jones.. So the Canucks shouldn't be this bad with Delia and Martin between the pipes. Look a what the Leafs are doing with reclamation projects Samsonov and Murray between the pipes.

The loss of Demko shouldn't have derailed the entire year.
Its not an excuse....Its a primary reason.

You can simultaneously have both a poor defensive system ,and hideous goaltending.

Reactions: Josepho and m9

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I feel bad for the next generation, only thing I recommend for gen z is you have to move out further and look for remote jobs in the digital space. You are already priced out on most of the Vancouver/Greater Vancouver area from these past two years. Now start looking at Chilliwack (although Chilliwack is starting to price people out ) and further out, eventually those tides will rise in the next wave of real estate appreciation.

Other alternative is to move to Alberta (LOL)
This is what I’m doing. My wife and I both work remotely in tech and we’re moving to Alberta to buy a home. It sucks, but we feel that at some point we have to be in the real estate market and it’s unrealistic here.

Could we buy something here? Sure. But we want to start a family soon… so are we gonna raise children in a 500 sq ft box while we both work from home? Ehhhhhh no

Anyway, thank you all for listening to my life story

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Young people should look more into moving internationally.

Uruguay is very easy to get into and doesn't have a lot of the societal issues that other Latin countries have - I'm heading there after I graduate.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Uruguay is very easy to get into and doesn't have a lot of the societal issues that other Latin countries have - I'm heading there after I graduate.

My wife and I have a place in the middle of nowhere Japan*. If things ever get real bad, we’re just f***ing off to there.

*It’s her parents’ place

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
My wife and I have a place in the middle of nowhere Japan*. If things ever get real bad, we’re just f***ing off to there.

*It’s her parents’ place

As well, in terms of demographics, it's going to be a pretty huge problem given the lack of population growth among other things but I don't want to get into as this a GTD...

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindgren

Love

Feb 29, 2012

Thought about this too. Mexico perhaps.

Maybe one day.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This is what I’m doing. My wife and I both work remotely in tech and we’re moving to Alberta to buy a home. It sucks, but we feel that at some point we have to be in the real estate market and it’s unrealistic here.

Could we buy something here? Sure. But we want to start a family soon… so are we gonna raise children in a 500 sq ft box while we both work from home? Ehhhhhh no

Anyway, thank you all for listening to my life story

I lived in Alberta. The issue was the people, which forced my family to move here at a young age. Now, Calgary and parts of Edmonton have really improved. Small town Alberta still sucks.

Vancouver is becoming a playground for the rich, while also seeing more mentally ill and addicted people forced into the streets. More wealth and development, yet less jobs and resources to handle the vulnerable. Then you have public spaces being overcrowded. Campsites and hiking trails turning into villages during the summer. The livability factor really sucks now....and I could go on but this is off-topic.

Brock Boeser.

Reactions: Lindgren and Love

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I feel bad for the next generation, only thing I recommend for gen z is you have to move out further and look for remote jobs in the digital space. You are already priced out on most of the Vancouver/Greater Vancouver area from these past two years. Now start looking at Chilliwack (although Chilliwack is starting to price people out ) and further out, eventually those tides will rise in the next wave of real estate appreciation.

Other alternative is to move to Alberta (LOL)

I've been slowly trying to grind down my wife to move to Alberta. Her friends moved to Calgary and some to Cranbrook. I don't want to either, but the market here is a f***ing catastrophe and in my line of work they'd pay me better in AB anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad