Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Jake%20Virtanen%20head%20shot.jpg

:handclap:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Welcome Jake. Looking forward to watching you rip up the WHL next year, and the NHL the year after that. Now work on passing that puck a bit and you'll be just fine.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
This is the player that the Canucks had targeted all along.
They already have his name on the jersey.

carlweezer*

This has the possibility to be a grand slam in 4 years. Remember he is one of the youngest players in this draft

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
6'1 208 lbs at 17 , fast , great shot and from BC. Whats not to love about this kid, people should be a lot happier.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Not happy with the selection at #6, but he's still a good prospect with a unique set of skills that will hopefully be a big part of the core moving forward. Hoping he proves me and some of the others on here wrong.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Love it.

You don't get a player like Virtanen unless you draft him or you pay an awful lot the rare time he is available.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
Lots and lots of potential also him being the youngest makes me happy. Didn't know he was ranked as the most physical. I knew he was the quickest, but being the most physical is a nice thing to see. The Pacific is a tough tough division.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Great pick for the 6th pick.

Although I hoped for us to trade up and draft Reinhart, I'm happy with the Virtanen selection with our 6th pick.

Virtanen looks like a prototypical power forward, and is apparently really looking forward to playing in Vancouver. I think it's a great fit.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I think Benning has a vision for a big fast skilled team. If you have a vision it makes sense to draft the players that go with that vision. I think Virtanen will succeed in Desjardins quick transition system. Also probably why you saw Garrison moved as he wouldn't really fit the style that the team is looking for.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Haven't watched Virtanen in action, is his game comparable to Evander Kane?

Bit of a crash and bang winger with great wheels and a nice shot?

Does have have top line potential, or is a second line winger the more realistic ceiling for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad