Pre-Game Talk: Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres - Thursay, Oct. 17 4:00PM - SNET-PAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Ritch Winter, his agent, said it on twitter. Then deleted it a few hours later when it became a major story. Botchford has an article arguing against that post above. As for the rumours about his dad, that came after Friedman published a story about Hodgson and received a phone call from his dad.

(Also Cody mentioned ice-time several times in his interviews during his time here. Not a common thing for a player to do.)

He's asking about proof of his dad approaching the Canucks about the ice time issue.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
1040 sports update mentioned a line of Dan - Santorelli - Hansen.

So the rest should be...

Higgens - Hank - Kesler
Booth - Schroeder - Kassian
Sestito - Richardson - Weise

I cant believe how good Mike "Minimum Wage" Santorelli has been. On a line with Danny and Hansen. If you would have said he would be a top player in the early games of the season, I would have worried about the Canucks chances and your sanity.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I cant believe how good Mike "Minimum Wage" Santorelli has been. On a line with Danny and Hansen. If you would have said he would be a top player in the early games of the season, I would have worried about the Canucks chances and your sanity.

:laugh: That's a heck of a nickname.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I don't know, I just feel uneasy about Hank with Kesler. It worked to spark the team yesterday, but on a more permanent basis I question the move because it absolutely kills the centre depth on the team. As I said in another thread, I'd rather give Daniel with Kesler an extended chance.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I don't know, I just feel uneasy about Hank with Kesler. It worked to spark the team yesterday, but on a more permanent basis I question the move because it absolutely kills the centre depth on the team. As I said in another thread, I'd rather give Daniel with Kesler an extended chance.

The way that Santorelli is playing, I'm not convinced that's the case.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It's interesting how much focus there is on this board and in the Vancouver media about Hodgson. Pratt even said this morning that Hodgson may end up as the one who got away. And yet let's compare stats:
1. Player 1: 8 games, 1 goal 5 assists, minus 4
2. Player 2: 6 games, 2 goals 5 assists, plus 3

Player one is Hodgson. Player two is Michael Grabner. Maybe Grabner is the one who got away.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
I wonder how Daniel would look at centre? I would think the transition would be easy for him considering his play is so similar to Hanks.

Higgins - Hank - Kesler
Burrows - Daniel - Kassian
Booth - Schroeder - Hansen
Santorelli - Richardson - Weise

Then swap Santorelli in and out with whoever isn't playing well on a game by game basis.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I wonder how Daniel would look at centre? I would think the transition would be easy for him considering his play is so similar to Hanks.

Higgins - Hank - Kesler
Burrows - Daniel - Kassian
Booth - Schroeder - Hansen
Santorelli - Richardson - Weise

Then swap Santorelli in and out with whoever isn't playing well on a game by game basis.

Just tell them to switch jerseys. People will think Hank is playing center with Kes when in reality its Dan playing wing with Kes as the center.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010

Almost certainly not a good idea to transition an elite winger to center. Over the past few years, we've seen Kane, Hall and Benn suffer badly in that transition. There are much greater responsibilities in the role, and contrary to what the newspapers claimed about Hall at center, being put into the role doesn't suddenly teach you defence by induction.

Down the road, when someone like Horvat comes in and shows he's ready to carry weight defensively, but not yet top 6 in terms of offence, I could see the team testing Daniel as the offensive center and Horvat as the defensive center, like the Canucks did with Kesler and Sundin. But for now, there just isn't the players to make that work I don't think.

Now that I mention it, I guess they could do that with Kesler and Daniel Sedin. Regardless, to my mind, I see Daniel Sedin + Kesler as a much better fit in terms of team composition than Henrik + Kesler.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Just tell them to switch jerseys. People will think Hank is playing center with Kes when in reality its Dan playing wing with Kes as the center.

Kind of interesting, One thing for sure Daniel has never played center before. If you could somehow produce another Henrik and have two centers like him that would be great. However i do not think Daniel could learn what Henrik has over the last 10 plus years playing center in the NHL. Henrik has always had a bit more compete in the dirty areas. I would say this will never happen, but i would have thought it unlikely to see Kesler playing with Henrik also so you never know!!

Betamax*

It's interesting how much focus there is on this board and in the Vancouver media about Hodgson. Pratt even said this morning that Hodgson may end up as the one who got away. And yet let's compare stats:

Player one is Hodgson. Player two is Michael Grabner. Maybe Grabner is the one who got away.

I think right now, the Canucks could use both of said players. The thing to note is that Hodgson is a couple of years younger and plays a more important position that the Canucks are especially in need of right now.

It's too bad that Horvat wasn't ready to step in to be a 3rd line centre. I'm pretty sure, he'll make the roster next season and they will put him in positions to succeed (i.e. play him with upper echelon players on the team unlike what he was given this season) since the Canucks this year felt he was at least physically ready to play the pro game.

Capslock17

McDaigle
Mar 25, 2009
Connecticut, USA
In case you wont be able to watch the game, I'll give the recap early for everybody: Miller wont just stand on his head- He actually will levitate upside down and your canucks will win 2-1. Make it 3-1 with the empty netter.

you're welcome :(

Shinkaruk

Jul 13, 2013
Ontario
Hoping we come up with lines that will bring out the best of these guys. On paper, with the new system + the skill, we have a pretty solid group that can do damage. Kassian is going to have to show what he has this season, same with Tanev and Schroeder. Bieksa and Hamhuis have to start getting comfortable again, even if they aren't in the same pairing. Lots of questions, hoping by the end of November we will be comfortable with system and answers will be clear.

Oddity

Nov 11, 2011
Gonna be at this game, first Canucks game I'll be seeing live. Super excited, hopefully its a good one.

Squall

Mar 22, 2013
Random thought: if we split the twins often enough, putting them back together would be our secret weapon!

Anyway, hope Kassian does well and score some goals against his former team. Make them pay!!

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Interesting...Very interesting...

Yes.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/h...ry.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/10/15/hat-trick-coho-revelation-luongo-critics-and-dalpe/

ritch.jpg

Taken from the other thread.

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012

3. Player 3: 7 games 4 goals 4 assists

We all know the one who really got away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad