Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Canucks 2 @ Florida Panthers 5 - 1/11/22 - Who didn't score tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I really am trying to understand Bruno's love for Frankie, but I'm just drawing blanks.
The only thing I can think of is that Bruno wasn't a good skater when he was NHL player, Frankie is.
That's all I got.

Zito show casing him?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I really am trying to understand Bruno's love for Frankie, but I'm just drawing blanks.
The only thing I can think of is that Bruno wasn't a good skater when he was NHL player, Frankie is.
That's all I got.

Vatrano has 12 points and Tippett has 11 with Tippett having better opportunities (played with Huberdeau and Bennett) so far this season.

But both are replaceable. Once Hornqvist is back, both can be scratched.

Reactions: kerrabria

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Vatrano has 12 points and Tippett has 11 with Tippett having better opportunities (played with Huberdeau and Bennett) so far this season.

But both are replaceable. Once Hornqvist is back, both can be scratched.
I wasn't really asking about OT.

Wasn’t it last game against Carolina that Frankie took a penalty at the end and kind of spazed out?
In the game before, he somehow got a shift in overtime and gave the puck away which led to them being stuck in their own end.

I am just dumbfounded I guess.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
That season was so much fun to follow. Started off with that blow out win versus Flyers at home. Jagr helping elevate the game of 11, 16, etc. The winning streak. Spacey in space. The most fun season in a long time. Great memory. Also, it's a formality to mention Trocheck was tripped.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I wasn't really asking about OT.

Wasn’t it last game against Carolina that Frankie took a penalty of the end and kind of spazed out?
In the game before, he somehow got a shift in overtime and gave the puck away which led to them being stuck in their own end.

I am just dumbfounded I guess.

This again lol. Vatrano gave it away 10 seconds into the shift. Bob caught the puck after and played it which extended that shift even longer.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
This again lol. Vatrano gave it away 10 seconds into the shift. Bob caught the puck after and played it which extended that shift even longer.
I'm not talking about Bob catching the puck and playing it.
Frankie gave the puck away, which caused the Panthers to be trapped in their own end. That's a fact. It happened before Bob played the puck. Bob had nothing to do with Frankie giving the puck away.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'm not talking about Bob catching the puck and playing it.
Frankie gave the puck away, which caused the Panthers to be trapped in their own end. That's a fact. It happened before Bob played the puck. Bob had nothing to do with Frankie giving the puck away.

I get you hate Vatrano because you love Tippet but you are simply placing more importance in what happened 10 seconds in rather than what happens 45 seconds in. Which one is more dangerous?

Yes Vatrano turned the puck over but at least the prayers were fresh and can still skate. You are harping about him being stuck out there for a 1 minute and 30 seconds (you said this in that thread).

But in reality, he could have only been stuck there for about 45 seconds which is only about 15 seconds longer than a regular OT shift.

Sequence of events.

Vatrano hops on with 3:27 left.

Vatrano gives it away with 3:15 left

Bob catches the puck with 2:36 left and drops it off

Bob finally freezes at 1:49 left

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
right now we know that at on any shift vatrano could score a goal. he doesn't even need to be set up..

can Tippett do that right now?

that's why vatrano is in on the third line.

and I love me some Tippett...

Reactions: harv33173

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Screenshot-20220109-195944-Gallery.jpg

We got a kitten. For every complaint in this thread about a 1st place NHL team I will deny her 1 treat.

This team sucks
Tippett sucks
Barkov gets injured too often
Huberdeau turns it over a lot
Bob sucks
Knight sucks
Bruno is decent but sucks
Our defense sucks
Ekblad has creepy expressions-therefore he sucks
Road record sucks.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Screenshot-20220109-195944-Gallery.jpg

We got a kitten. For every complaint in this thread about a 1st place NHL team I will deny her 1 treat.

OMGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!

If anybody has a bad word in this thread, I will kill him with my bare-hands and kitten-claws !!!!!!!!!! I SWEAR !!!!

What a BEAUTIFUL creature ! Love her already ! What’s the name ?

:P

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I get you hate Vatrano because you love Tippet but you are simply placing more importance in what happened 10 seconds in rather than what happens 45 seconds in. Which one is more dangerous?

Yes Vatrano turned the puck over but at least the prayers were fresh and can still skate. You are harping about him being stuck out there for a 1 minute and 30 seconds (you said this in that thread).

But in reality, he could have only been stuck there for about 45 seconds which is only about 15 seconds longer than a regular OT shift.

Sequence of events.

Vatrano hops on with 3:27 left.

Vatrano gives it away with 3:15 left

Bob catches the puck with 2:36 left and drops it off

Bob finally freezes at 1:49 left
If Frankie never gave the puck away, you would never be wasting your breath talking about Bob.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida

6:22 into that video is Bob’s best save as a Panther so far. It was just his second game with us.

Yes, this is a random post - but I figured I’d share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad