Friedman: Vancouver and Carolina discussed possible Pettersson trade; VAN and EP resume extension negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I can also 100% guarantee that this has been fast tracked by Rutherford because he has a pending big trade in the works and wants to have cost certainty for next year.

Once we hear of an EP extension , id wager that within 48hrs later, the Canucks will announce a major trade for a player with term.

EP40 - 8 yrs- 11.9 mil per.

TRADE:

To Van
Lawson Crouse
Stecher

To Arizona
2025 1st
Podkolzin
Elias Petterson (D)
Mikhayev

Reactions: David71

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I can also 100% guarantee that this has been fast tracked by Rutherford because he has a pending big trade in the works and wants to have cost certainty for next year.

Once we hear of an EP extension , id wager that within 48hrs later, the Canucks will announce a major trade for a player with term.

TRADE:

To Van
Lawson Crouse
Stecher

To Arizona
2025 1st
Podkolzin
Elias Petterson (D)
Mikhayev

That seems like atrocious value for Crouse.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017

TRADE:

To Van
Lawson Crouse
Stecher

To Arizona
2025 1st
Podkolzin
Elias Petterson (D)
Mikhayev
Canes will take all of their assets and beat that offer for Crouse.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Moving aho plus for Pettersson is of no benefit for Carolina
That’s a statement that is an absolute.
Pettersson is the better player and that could improve the team if the plus doesn’t impact the roster. If that plus is late round pick it’s clear that Carolina is improved.

It’s not hard to poke holes here

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Too little

I guess my value is off.

But thats 2 prospects in the Canucks top 5 with Podz and EP-Dman.

Along with 1st round pick and Mikhayev whom theyll be able to flip next year for probably a 3rd rnd pick or so at the deadline.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
But this is not what you said. You said he can go where he wants (now).
Yes, the threat of him walking means he can force the Canucks’ hand to send him only where he wants to go. I don’t think any EP trade would happen until this offseason anyways

Reactions: Chan790

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

TRADE:

To Van
Lawson Crouse
Stecher

To Arizona
2025 1st
Podkolzin
Elias Petterson (D)
Mikhayev
Why is Lawson Crouse considered in all trades for elite players
Is his contract cheap ?

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
If Pettersson was an upcoming UFA I would wonder what the hell is the GM doing, but he is an RFA so the Canucks are starting an early bidding war that will go up until the draft, Pettersson will return 2 major parts back at the very least

Reactions: Fatass

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Lol you serious?
Vancouver's not at the point of NEEDING to trade Petey or we'd lose him for nothing. There is still the potential that we can give away the higher-scoring center but get another #1C, if slightly less explosive offensively. We're also not ready to just blow up the whole thing, so it doesn't make sense to just settle for offense-only guys. Would you guys do Aho + Martinook for Petey + pick?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Vancouver's not at the point of NEEDING to trade Petey or we'd lose him for nothing. There is still the potential that we can give away the higher-scoring center but get another #1C, if slightly less explosive offensively. We're also not ready to just blow up the whole thing, so it doesn't make sense to just settle for offense-only guys. Would you guys do Aho + Martinook for Petey + pick
The Canes have gone through a lot to keep aho around lol he is their ride or die to them he is worth more than Pettersson and they are done with contract stuff. They won't trade aho for pettersson

Your gm just threatened to trade your star is why he is being discussed being moved lol

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Necas/Jarvis + Nikishin + 1st/Morrow/Nadeau

Otherwise Canucks pass and deal Petey elsewhere (if he doesn’t want to stay in Van)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Necas/Jarvis + Nikishin + 1st/Morrow/Nadeau

Otherwise Canucks pass and deal Petey elsewhere (if he doesn’t want to stay in Van)

If the rumored assets are to be believed, I think the deal would look something like the above. Necas + Nikishin + 1st would be my guess. Maybe include KK and include another lesser asset from the Canucks to simply balance books.

Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Wouldn't it be....a chair fall if the Habs offered Suzuki and a 1st for Pette?

On the other hand we certainly are not contenders.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
If the package is big enough I'd be into this deal.
Necas + Nikishin + KK
Or necas + Nikishin + 1st

I mean yah can't complain about those packages as long as nikishin comes over. But the problem is his talents may be wasted in Vancouver with Hughes always taking the #1pp dman minutes.

Scoripo Rising

Oct 31, 2023
As a Canucks fan I like this.
Either sign or don't. You've been in Vancouver long enough to know if you like the situation and City. The money will likely not change substantially.

You are holding up all other business from the management's side for absolutely nothing.

It's selfish as hell. If you want out, just say it and it'll be a rough few months but it'll blow over

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If Kotkaniemi was included in anyway in Carolinas offer, I'm even more glad to see Petey and the Canucks getting closer to a deal.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Vancouver's not at the point of NEEDING to trade Petey or we'd lose him for nothing. There is still the potential that we can give away the higher-scoring center but get another #1C, if slightly less explosive offensively. We're also not ready to just blow up the whole thing, so it doesn't make sense to just settle for offense-only guys. Would you guys do Aho + Martinook for Petey + pick?
Lmao come aho martinook wouldn’t even been talked about.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Man, that's one hell of an aggressive management group in Vancouver. I can't imagine many GMs would feel comfortable telling their star forward, in the middle of a great season, that you either re-sign immediately and drop the whole 'wait until the offseason shtick' or get traded.

Well, Pettersson hasn't signed yet, so will have to stay tuned to see what the resolution is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot