Confirmed with Link: [VAN/VGK] Canucks acquire D Nate Schmidt for a 3rd in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Schimdt was fantastic from 17-19
19-20 was a bit of a down year for him analytically (first year of his big contract, go figure)
29 years old 5 more years at 6m
Bonafide top 4 D, shoot left but can play right

Unless he has a major injury, it’s a win

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Here's hoping Benning has learned how to negotiate.

tenor.gif

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
This is a great trade. It's 6 million though... We definitely are going to need to sacrifice more picks/Virtanen/Gaudette etc. to shed salary and improve more

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I mean a broken clock is right twice a day but my god what a home run. I honestly feel like I need to shove my hatred deep down for a bit on Jimbo because this was actually incredible.

When they were trying to offer $6 million to Barrie yesterday, it's hard to think of this as anything other than dumb luck. If any of the other really stupid things they'd been trying to do all week had actually worked, they wouldn't have been in position to do this now.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Think they are ok this season. It’s next season where someone like virtanen, Roussel, Beagle have to go.

Elias, Thatcher and Quinn for 20 million (9+4+7). Sutter, Pearson, Bart, Edler & Benn 18 million away. Eriksson bought out (+4) = +2 million

Who else play RD, Myers, Schmidt and ?

PS. EVERY bad player is GONE next season. It's like magic, Only aces left!

Last edited:

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Great deal. Legit top 4 D. Left shot but can play on the RS as well. Can move the puck up quickly and put up some points as well. Him and Edler, Myers with Hughes.

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
When they were trying to offer $6 million to Barrie yesterday, it's hard to think of this as anything other than dumb luck. If any of the other really stupid things they'd been trying to do all week had actually worked, they wouldn't have been in position to do this now.

Yea, for sure but pretty exciting to have a bonafide top 30 D added to our team. Gives hopefully the next GM a good base to work from

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Edit: Chases OEL at 8.25m AAV. ARZ rejects the trade offer.
Makes pitch for Markstrom. 5.5m AAV. Markstrom rejects.
Makes offer to Tanev, 4m AAV. Tanev rejects.
Does not qualify Stecher for 2.5m AAV. Stecher signs with DET.
Makes offer for Barrie, 6m AAV. Barrie signs in EDM.

If any one of those players is signed or re-signed, this deal doesn't happen.

What an amazing turn of events.

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
What would you say he is?..A good second pairing D man..?..He's a lefty though..

edit..nevermind..Lucbourdon just posted

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
1.9m cap space with Gaudette and Virtanen unsigned
Something has to give

yep and they still don’t have a third pairing. Benn is awful. I highly doubt they can have two youngsters and think they will be successful. This is a good deal but the team has still taken a significant step back from where it ended the year...as things stand.

Reactions: Indiana and Mr4legs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad