GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Captain Obvious suggest to expect McDavid to go quietly in the night would be nothing but fantasy, expect a big push back from them as its do or die for them. We need to skate hard with them, hit them hard and most importantly we must score the first goal to shatter their dreams of ever coming back in this series. Let's finish this tonight, do it for the Sedins, do it for all the canucks fan and do it to humble all the oilers fan.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I have a feeling McDavid is pretty badly hurt at this point and I think it is unlikely that both McDavid and Pickard do enough to win this one.

Reactions: alternate

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
To me this game is for the Stanley Cup. Beating a cup favorite team in 6 and advancing to the WCF is making a clear statement to the rest of the league.

Unfortunately this team is just too battered and has played an exhausting style of hockey the past 11 games. Going any further will be a huge ask. 1 more win is all I ask though.

Still proud of them. You can see the fatigue and exhaustion on their faces and they are overcoming shit officiating too.
It's a bit early to be trotting out the old "injury" excuse isn't it?

Anyone else finding the 'dont you forget about me' song organically transfering the association of the breakfast club to the canucks.

Didnt like it at first but knew it would hit different in the playoffs. Sportsnet was using it as their outro during the broadcast was great.
Absolutely hate it. My choice? "Do It" by the Rollins Band...

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Noticed Ekholm played less than 19 minutes. That's big for us. Rumors are he's sick, so hopefully he stays under the weather.

Lots of media talk about how McDavid is going to take over GM6. But 1 assist in the last 3, and now talk about him being injured. Obviously he's capable of single handedly taking over a game, but let's see what JTM has to say about that.

Wonder who starts in net for EDM? But also, don't really matter.

Wonder if Tocchet gets his big bat out and starts swinging it around again. Easy decision to stick with the same lineup, but different animal on the road. Other than maybe Cole, everyone deserves to stay in the lineup, but I'm also okay with trying to stay ahead of the curve. Smart money is on the same 18 skaters, but curious if they are discussing any changes.

Last time Silovs had a chance to eliminate a team, he was perfect.

How sweet would it be to do the unimaginable on Hockey Night in Canada in the juggernauts* own barn? Keep the aggressive play, keep the game 5v5, and let's see what happens.

Reactions: bh53

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I have a feeling McDavid is pretty badly hurt at this point and I think it is unlikely that both McDavid and Pickard do enough to win this one.

He's had some sort of upper-body injury all year. Started the year hurt, has missed several games along the way, TOI is the lowest since he was a teenager, SOG and attempts are way down, and his goal totals dropped literally in half from 64 to 32.

Because he's such a freak he just decided to put up 100 assists instead but he's not 22-23 McDavid, for sure.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
He's had some sort of upper-body injury all year. Started the year hurt, has missed several games along the way, TOI is the lowest since he was a teenager, SOG and attempts are way down, and his goal totals dropped literally in half from 64 to 32.

Because he's such a freak he just decided to put up 100 assists instead but he's not 22-23 McDavid, for sure.
That and Miller has been playing like Selke level and has shut his ass down. You love to see it.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
as I keep on saying bounces make such a difference this time of year. Just get a few more bounces, then its a 50 - 50 as to who is going to the final.

on a separate note that no one cares about, wife is just getting over a broken ankle, now has bronchitis and I am as sick as a dog. Getting old is so much fun.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver

as I keep on saying bounces make such a difference this time of year. Just get a few more bounces, then its a 50 - 50 as to who is going to the final.

on a separate note that no one cares about, wife is just getting over a broken ankle, now has bronchitis and I am as sick as a dog. Getting old is so much fun.

Hope you and the wife feel better soon man

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Hope you guys feel better soon, man, and hope the Canucks deliver good vibes tomorrow to help you both on the road to recovery!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
How sweet would it be to do the unimaginable on Hockey Night in Canada in the juggernauts* own barn? Keep the aggressive play, keep the game 5v5, and let's see what happens.
Just get it done. After tonight, we might be the last team to the Conference finals, but if we go game 7, we certainly will.

Reactions: alternate

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hopefully we learned from the first round when we had an opportunity to close out Nashville and needed a second one to get it done.

Let's get this one right the first time. Be the road warriors and take it to them in their own barn.

Reactions: M2Beezy

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Just get it done. After tonight, we might be the last team to the Conference finals, but if we go game 7, we certainly will.
If the Avs win tonight and the Canucks win on Sat, they will get a little bit of a rest before the next series which would be great, and also pretty impressive given the fact they started their series later than anyone.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
To me this game is for the Stanley Cup. Beating a cup favorite team in 6 and advancing to the WCF is making a clear statement to the rest of the league.

Unfortunately this team is just too battered and has played an exhausting style of hockey the past 11 games. Going any further will be a huge ask. 1 more win is all I ask though.

Still proud of them. You can see the fatigue and exhaustion on their faces and they are overcoming shit officiating too.

I agree, however Thatcher Demko has been out for some time and has barely any mileage the last few months.

If he's actually healthy soon he can win the Canucks a series.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I want so so so badly to beat the Oilers. I don't expect a cup but I really really wanna eliminate them.

If they do lose the next two I'm still proud of them. They've overachieved beyond anyone's expectations already this year.
I think the Cup is on the table. The other two teams out West are beatable. I don't see a team that's head and shoulders above the competition this year

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I agree, however Thatcher Demko has been out for some time and has barely any mileage the last few months.

If he's actually healthy soon he can win the Canucks a series.
My prediction is that the Canucks will win Saturday night, then lose the opening game of the conference final, both with Silovs.

Demko will come in for game two and take the Canucks to Lord Stanley's mug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad