Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] Tucker Poolman signs with the Canucks (4 years, $2.5M AAV)

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Btw Canucks fans....many of these posters are regulars on HFJets boards and we watch Poolman all the time. Poolman seems like a great dude, but Benning pooched it here on term and coin.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Great tools, but sort of missing the toolbox.

Okay as a bottom pairing defender but ideally he’s your #7 that comes in for injuries.

I think the price and length are too high on both ends but it’s only 2.5 so it’s never going to be an albatross anyways.

Wish him all the best.

BC Ben

Mar 26, 2010
True North
Ugh… Benning being Benning.

After a couple deals that got mixed, even positive reactions, here we are again with Benning bidding against himself in an auction for the services of a low-end defensemen. He just loves these guys, and he loves handing out too much term along with too much money to em.

I see Poolman as a solid 5-6 who can play 14-16 sheltered minutes. This isn’t the contract for such a player.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020
I assume he'll be behind Hamonic, Myers, and hopefully Luke Schenn or someone else on our right side.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Free when frenzy is when a guy gets ten million bucks and you first have to check wether "Tucker Poolman" is a real person.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
No, he is not. His underlying defence metrics are nowhere near peak Tanev. Literally, every Winnipeg fan in this thread is glad they didn't re-sign him.

Good god. Jim Benning will never learn.
Of course they are glad. They have Schmidt and Dillion why do they need Poolman? He’s a good #4/#5 at worst, 2.5 is fair for a right handed dman of his caliber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad