Confirmed with Link: [VAN/SJS] Tom Pyatt, 164th overall for Francis Perron, 215th overall

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
the issue is it does not make a lot of sense. why would san jose want the bargaining rights for pyatt for a week. as for perron, we can get him as a ufa in a few days if san jose does not sign him or on waivers in september. he is not making the sharks. he is also unlikely to make the canucks meaning we could lose him.

seems like it might be related to the dahlen deal somehow.
yeah I agree. Under the table /handshake agreement.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kid was a beast in the QMJHL playoffs and the Memorial Cup Tournament back in '15-'16, winning the Guy Lafleur Trophy as the playoff MVP. And after coming off a 108 point season, was also named the MVP in the Q. Finished his career with 257 points for Rouyn Noranda. Picked in the 7th round, 190h overall by the Sens in 2014,

Subsequently did nothing for two years in the AHL with the Baby Sens, before being shipped to San Jose in the Eric Karlsson trade. Had something of a breakthrough campaign with the Barracuda. A late bloomer maybe?

Hopefully he can add some decent scoring numbers for the Comets this season.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Benning thinking someone else's junk looks better than our junk...but it's still junk...... Just sign some damn centers for Utica.......

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Benning thinking someone else's junk looks better than our junk...but it's still junk...... Just sign some damn centers for Utica.......

Junk? He was an AHL All-Star player last season and will easily be a top 6 player in Utica.

Some days I think you guys could get Connor McDavid on Utica and still somehow find a way to be displeased about it.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Junk up? He was an AHL All-Star player last season and will easily be a top 6 player in Utica.

Some days I think you guys could get Connor McDavid on Utica and still somehow find a way to be displeased about it.
I was speaking in NHL player terms.. doubt he ever makes it to Utica..... And if he does I somehow doubt wacy Hamilton, Carter bancks or bob woods centering him will keep him at all star star levels...

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Really hasn't done all that much in the AHL. (something like 28 goals in 180 games) Very little upside and appears that he was going to be made a free agent by by San Jose. Why bother lowering your draft position?????

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Just had a good season (47 points in 63 games), provides cheap depth and won't count against the AHL veteran limit for another two seasons. Has a tiny bit of value that is in line with his tiny acquisition cost.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
No issues at all with this trade.

Trading a 6th for a 7th is a very minor cost to get an OK prospect who will be a big addition for Utica.

Perron was an AHL All-star last year and slides in somewhere in the 15-18 range on our prospect list. Good skater and a better prospect than a guy like Jasek.

Is waiver eligible but zero chance he gets claimed when he’s sent down before the season.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I wonder who even put this one together. It's something Gilman would do.

It seems way too granular and strategic for anyone in the current front office. Plus it's actually doing a solid for the Comets, which they never do.

Reactions: Cogburn

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Really hasn't done all that much in the AHL. (something like 28 goals in 180 games) Very little upside and appears that he was going to be made a free agent by by San Jose. Why bother lowering your draft position?????
They got a player that could potentially compete for a spot. If he doesn’t make it he plays top line in Utica. If we had claimed him off waivers we would have to keep him on the Canucks or SJ could just reasign him to their farm team. Also, bracket also stated they were likely going to pick Keppen at 102 and they ended up getting him 20 picks later anyways

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
We trade for a player for the Comets, their fans complain. We don't make these kinds of trades and they point out that every other team is making them. There's no winning with how entitled they are down in Utica.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Aren’t you a comets fan? Won’t an all star help?
Not when the team has no playmaking centers and is chock full of checking line players.....hell we had all star Reid Boucher last year and the team was bordering on unwatchable for long stretches.......

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Canucks fans ar
We trade for a player for the Comets, their fans complain. We don't make these kinds of trades and they point out that every other team is making them. There's no winning with how entitled they are down in Utica.

Canucks fans are just so butt hurt that their AHL management is incompetent.. just incredibly inept managmet to the up two vital veteran spots with two checking AHL career minor Leaguers...... I'm sure this will go over real good if the team was located in the fish bowl of Vancouver.....

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Canucks fans ar

Canucks fans are just so butt hurt that their AHL management is incompetent.. just incredibly inept managmet to the up two vital veteran spots with two checking AHL career minor Leaguers...... I'm sure this will go over real good if the team was located in the fish bowl of Vancouver.....

Only one person coming across as butt hurt here.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Entitled Utica fans... With the team that Benning forgot. Good one.:laugh:

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Signing 4 players and having traded for another at the draft is sure forgetting about them... If FA passes and they still have nothing more then whine, but to do so now?

You think Jim has done a fine job taking care of Utica these past years?

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
You think Jim has done a fine job taking care of Utica these past years?
Who cares if Utica wins? They could lose every game and I wouldn’t lose a wink of sleep as long as a few prospects developed. That said, I agree they need a few decent centres to play with our prospects on the wing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad