Confirmed with Link: [VAN/OTT] Canucks acquire 3rd in 2022 (VAN) for D Travis Hamonic

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I probably didn't take kindly to your f***ed up assertion that Delorme was a drunk?

That's not what you wrote and you know it MS. You said that Asians, culturally, aren't interested in NA pro sports. When I called you out on it and pointed to the popularity of say baseball in Asia, you pivoted to saying that you obviously meant Chinese people when talking about the Asian community.

Some people just can't see how offensive their comments are... :rolleyes:

I thought you said I was making things up? I could care less whether you disagree with me regarding what was meant as a lighthearted comment, nor do I give a shit whether you “take kindly” to anything I post. You don’t know me or my background so insinuating that my comments (or any of the comments in this thread) has something to with race is completely f***ed.

Actually you are the one being incredibly offensive here. Randomly and bizarrely telling people they are racist is both extremely insulting and flat out wrong. Quite frankly your comments regarding all of this are an embarrassment to our board.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I thought you said I was making things up?

You are. How did I bring up race with you specifically? Maybe I do have a short memory but I don't remember that.

Actually you are the one being incredibly offensive here. Randomly and bizarrely telling people they are racist is both extremely insulting and flat out wrong. This is very immature and embarrassing behaviour on your end.

I am not accusing anybody of being racist here. The only comment I made about "race" is with regards to Methot's comments. Nothing about anybody here. Please read carefully being making such accusations and resorting to personal attacks.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I’m in the minority but I think we got market value for Hamonic. You can easily brush off any locker room stuff by saying the Canucks are just dysfunctional generally, and who knows who is causing what. He has not had that reputation before.

Also, his salary isn’t outrageous for a RH guy that can handle second pairing minutes. Obviously he needed to get out of here for a number of reasons, but doesn’t change the fact he’s still a RH NHL defensemen with qualities teams seem to like.

For a team not in cap Hell, his contract really isn’t an issue.

I will also not be surprised if people are “blown away” by the eventual Tyler Myers return for similar reasons. NHL GMs are gonna do what they do.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I’m in the minority but I think we got market value for Hamonic. You can easily brush off any locker room stuff by saying the Canucks are just dysfunctional generally, and who knows who is causing what. He has not had that reputation before.

Also, his salary isn’t outrageous for a RH guy that can handle second pairing minutes. Obviously he needed to get out of here for a number of reasons, but doesn’t change the fact he’s still a RH NHL defensemen with qualities teams seem to like.

For a team not in cap Hell, his contract really isn’t an issue.

I will also not be surprised if people are “blown away” by the eventual Tyler Myers return for similar reasons. NHL GMs are gonna do what they do.
Brother
Hamonic was on waiver this season

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Brother

That was obviously not related to his play though. Those issues seem to be behind him and he has subsequently logged some quality minutes.

Even if there were some off-ice issues, probably largely Benning/Green related, you can write that off as the Canucks being a gong show.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
That was obviously not related to his play though. Those issues seem to be behind him and he has subsequently logged some quality minutes.

Even if there were some off-ice issues, probably largely Benning/Green related, you can write that off as the Canucks being a gong show.
If a player passed through waiver in the same season, his value usually diminish

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Brother

Extremely different waiver situation than most, though.

At the time he was an unvaccinated player who went MIA on his team and wasn't even allowed to play in a bunch of NHL arenas. Plus many (most?) NHL teams had mandatory vaccination policies they'd have had to break to claim him. He was absolutely not a player who would have been anywhere near waivers if not for very unusual off-ice circumstances.

Then he got vaccinated and came back and played and played pretty well.

Reactions: TruGr1t

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Holy shit, we got a 3rd for Hamonic because Pierre Dorion is literally an idiot:

From his presser:
Says Hamonic is happy to come here and play any role he's asked to play. Good at making first outlet pass. Good skater. Not the same player as he was with the Isles - "let's not kid ourselves" - but he provides stability on the blueline. Also says it's a catch 22, because people want the team to improve, but get mad when you trade a pick. Adds that Vancouver wouldn't accept a 5th, and the Sens didn't have a 4th, so they traded a 3rd.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Extremely different waiver situation than most, though.

At the time he was an unvaccinated player who went MIA on his team and wasn't even allowed to play in a bunch of NHL arenas. Plus many (most?) NHL teams had mandatory vaccination policies they'd have had to break to claim him. He was absolutely not a player who would have been anywhere near waivers if not for very unusual off-ice circumstances.

Then he got vaccinated and came back and played and played pretty well.
If anything that’s another cons on his value in this league
Nhl teams hate players that are “difficult” to deal with

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I think that the management just wanted to move on from from Hamonic…more so because he’s been a constant headache with his off ice issues…than his ability and contract.

Reactions: MS

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think that the management just wanted to move on from from Hamonic…more so because he’s been a constant headache with his off ice issues…than his ability and contract.

Report are that the room is happy too and yeah - I can't imagine he endeared himself to his teammates when they were losing every night in October and November while a guy who was supposed to be playing major minutes and should have been helping was off on his own personal little anti-vax soap opera.

Reactions: David71 and Red

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Report are that the room is happy too and yeah - I can't imagine he endeared himself to his teammates when they were losing every night in October and November while a guy who was supposed to be playing major minutes and should have been helping was off on his own personal little anti-vax soap opera.

I'm still so annoyed that he was re-signed. Just another stupid unforced error left as a parting gift by our former GM.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm still so annoyed that he was re-signed. Just another stupid unforced error left as a parting gift by our former GM.

Incredibly it was only, like, Benning's 6th-biggest unforced error in 2021. And that was only, like, his 4th-worst year as Canuck GM.

Reactions: Red

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Incredibly it was only, like, Benning's 6th-biggest unforced error in 2021. And that was only, like, his 4th-worst year as Canuck GM.
You think 2021 was his 4th worst year?

Granted there's lots to choose from, but the OEL deal alone is the worst move he ever did, let alone Poolman/Dickinson/Halak/Pearson.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver

honestly I cannot remember if I’ve ever seen a player get traded and have it leak that everybody hated him. maybe matt cooke but that was more through Internet forums instead of actual insiders. could just be a technology thing.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

honestly I cannot remember if I’ve ever seen a player get traded and have it leak that everybody hated him. maybe matt cooke but that was more through Internet forums instead of actual insiders. could just be a technology thing.

ouch.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Cody Hodgson's unpopularity was never surprising, he was a Little Lord Fauntleroy who pretty much openly said he was owed ice time. Hamonic is definitely more of a good old boy.

Reactions: bh53 and sting101

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
So now there are ‘multiple’ players texting a journalist about their hatred of an ex teammate? What the hell is wrong with this group?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad