Confirmed with Link: [VAN/NYR] Raphael Diaz for a 5th Round Pick in 2015

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Habs' fans though he was asking for $3m...

Yeah, the guy is going UFA, put up good numbers last year, and is 28 with only three years of NHL contracts in his bank account. He's going to sign with whoever will offer him the most money and the biggest role. Neither of those were likely to be the Canucks.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Well, I guess we can use this pick to take McDavid if he slides about 150 spots.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Might as well get something for him, there likely wouldn't be room for him here next year if Corrado plays his way on to the team, and that's assuming we move Edler. If we don't move Edler, then there's definitely no room for Diaz unless it's at the spare #7 spot, when he'd be more expensive than just qualifying Weber for that role.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
From an asset perspective…well done!

Waivers
Weise
Diaz
5th Rounder

We gained a free pick.

Likelihood of this pick becoming a Hansen or Corrado-type player?

Dale Weise is just Dale Weise but a 5th rounder could be anything. It could even be Dale Weise.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Ah the 5th round pick, the Canucks bread and butter for D prospects
Bieksa,Andersson,Hutton and Corrado

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Well, I guess we can use this pick to take McDavid if he slides about 150 spots.

He wouldn't slip out of the top 10 if he was an raging alcoholic, he'd could deal drugs to 10 yos and probably still get taken in the 1st. Probably take some sort of career ending injury like losing a foot or a hand to get to 150.

I wonder what McDavid would have to do to slide that far?

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
He wouldn't slip out of the top 10 if he was an raging alcoholic, he'd could deal drugs to 10 yos and probably still get taken in the 1st. Probably take some sort of career ending injury like losing a foot or a hand to get to 150.

I wonder what McDavid would have to do to slide that far?

If he loses an arm, I doubt he's a top 10 pick.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Yeah, sure.

Guessing they'll throw Corrado back into the fire at some point then.

We've had pretty good track records with 5th round drafted dmen too (Bieksa, Hutton, Corrado).

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
How many roster spots are we at? im guessing we have room to sign Hutton after this weekend, and maybe another spot to add one of the TOP College free agent forwards.

Would rather get Mitch Holmberg from Spokane who has 57 goals and 107 points and leads the WHL in points.

I think the Nucks have 3 contract spots open.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad