Confirmed with Link: [VAN/NYR] Raphael Diaz for a 5th Round Pick in 2015

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
huh?

I mean I'm not upset but huh?

Impending UFA that likely wanted more money or higher role than the team was going to give him. I vaguely suspected this when they acquired him. Obviously you'd wish for more of a return, but I guess prices were so low this year.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
When we got him I was so elated because he's an AV type puckmover.

Him and Edler looked solid so it's no wonder he got scratched and subsequently traded. I really hate our new system/direction.

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
Impending UFA that likely wanted more money or higher role than the team was going to give him. I vaguely suspected this when they acquired him. Obviously you'd wish for more of a return, but I guess prices were so low this year.

Ah UFA.
I didn't realize that aspect. Makes sense.

Ok time to focus our attention on a tank, then haha

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Another Mike Gillis success story.

What was unsuccessful? They turned a disgruntled 4th liner into a defenseman when the whole D group was injured, and then moved him instead of losing him for nothing on July 1.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Seriously, Weise was a 4th liner and still is a 4th line *winger* with the Habs. These guys are a 'dime a dozen'. Canucks needed a stop-gap move because of injuries and got Diaz for Weise. You're not going to be getting a great D man for a 4th line *winger* - he is what he is, a warm body to fill the lineup.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Seriously, Weise was a 4th liner and still is a 4th line *winger* with the Habs. These guys are a 'dime a dozen'. Canucks needed a stop-gap move because of injuries and got Diaz for Weise. You're not going to be getting a great D man for a 4th line *winger* - he is what he is, a warm body to fill the lineup.

On top of that, he's a 4th liner who, IIRC, it had become public knowledge had requested a trade. Crybabies gonna cry, and be babies, I suppose.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013

Guys like Dalpe wish they were 15 point 4th liners like weise. Rarer than you think and certainly better than some of the trash currently on this team (archibald)

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Guys like Dalpe wish they were 15 point 4th liners like weise. Rarer than you think and certainly better than some of the trash currently on this team (archibald)

How about waiting until he actually hits that point total once before proclaiming he's a 15 point 4th line winger.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Really glad we committed to either tanking or making the playoffs.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
From an asset perspective…well done!

Waivers
Weise
Diaz
5th Rounder

We gained a free pick.

Likelihood of this pick becoming a Hansen or Corrado-type player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad