Confirmed with Link: [VAN/NYI] Canucks acqurie F Cory Conacher for F Dustin Jeffrey

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Anyone think we see Conny called up?

stat line

GP: 41
G: 8
A: 24
P: 32
+/- : -2
PIM: 48

Not anytime soon , if we didn't have the depth I certainly think it'd be possible. I still see NHL potential in him unfortunately he needs to play in the top 6 and with Baertschi , Virtanen , Shinkaruk etc I can't see him making it over any of them.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Anyone think we see Conny called up?

stat line

GP: 41
G: 8
A: 24
P: 32
+/- : -2
PIM: 48

Yeah he'll get called up IF 'nucks are still playing and Utica's eliminated. Given the regular season, its pretty unlikely Utica's season will be over anytime soon and unless we have a lot of injuries, you won't see him dress for the Stanley cup finals. :laugh:

van22

May 25, 2014
I was googling re the rumours on Guy Boucher... and this is what turned up - was also in other papers but this was probably the most detailed article in german: Cory Conacher coming to SCB - what will Guy Boucher do?

Conacher has apparently signed with Guy Boucher's Swiss Club SC Bern for next year in the hope to reignite his career. According to that article Boucher is the one behind the signing as they know each other. The article also highlights the rumours of Boucher going back to the NHL.

The article adds that they have a credible source that confirmed that he did indeed sign but that Conacher has an out-clause that he can still activate before the summer. Their GM did not want to comment (he didn't deny it) and only confirmed that Boucher has been contacted by an NHL team.

It could be that they are delaying the official announcement because of that out-clause - maybe Conacher is making his commitment dependent on Boucher's decision to return to NA or not. It's also poor timing given the play-off run in Utica - the Canucks probably did not expect him to leave given that he is an RFA.

Last edited:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I was googling re the rumours on Guy Boucher... and this is what turned up - was also in other papers but this was probably the most detailed article in german: Cory Conacher coming to SCB - what will Guy Boucher do?

Conacher has apparently signed with Guy Boucher's Swiss Club SC Bern for next year in the hope to reignite his career. According to that article Boucher is the one behind the signing as they know each other. The article also highlights the rumours of Boucher going back to the NHL.

The article adds that they have a credible source that confirmed that he did indeed sign but that Conacher has an out-clause that he can still activate before the summer. Their GM did not want to comment (he didn't deny it) and only confirmed that Boucher has been contacted by an NHL team.

It could be that they are delaying the official announcement because of that out-clause - maybe Conacher is making his commitment dependent on Boucher's decision to return to NA or not. It's also poor timing given the play-off run in Utica - the Canucks probably did not expect him to leave given that he is an RFA.

The minute they played Brandon MacMillan instead of Conacher it was safe to say he wasn't coming back.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's too bad really...Conacher is definitely an NHL player, but on the 'Nucks, he's the forward equivalent of Bobby Sanguinetti...won't ever get a shot imo.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Sounds to me like good career planning by Conacher. If he doesn't like what Vancouver offers then he has options. It's unlikely he signs more than a one year contract with anyone at this stage. He's coming close to his UFA years.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Meh. If he can help lead Utica to a Calder Cup it really doesn't matter what he does from there on out.

Players like Conacher should never be in a team's long term plans. He might still have some Jason Jaffray style utility to an NHL team down the road, but players like this are not all that tough to acquire. Good for him if he has a backup career plan in case he's not in Utica's plans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad